Dubai Hot Air Balloon Flight with Land Rover Drive & Desert Breakfast
- 2 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the sunrise at 4,000ft
Although hot air ballooning is a truly impressive experience, this Dubai hot air balloon flight takes it to the next level for a complete ‘wow’ experience. Enjoy a magical flight over the golden sands of the Arabian Desert and then ride in vintage Land Rovers through the desert to an authentic Heritage camp for a lavish breakfast spread.
Our guide to Dubai Hot Air Balloon Flight with Land Rover Drive & Desert Breakfast
This Dubai Balloon Adventure experience is so much more than just a hot air balloon ride. Floating at sunrise over the pristine dunes of the Dubai desert is something you will never forget and upon landing you will then get to drive through the desert dunes in a vintage Land Rover as you head to an authentic heritage desert camp nestled in a Royal desert retreat. Your ultimate desert adventure ends with a gourmet breakfast and the chance to get your Lawrence of Arabia moment on a short camel ride should you wish.
Hotel pick-up starts before the sun rises and you will be whisked away to the take-off point in the desert – around a 45-minute drive from the city. Upon arrival at the launch site, you will be greeted with Arabic coffee and accommodated on comfortable cushions while gentle lights start painting the Arabian sky in the early morning. As you wait for the start of your flight, witness a breathtaking drone show, unique in its kind, offered complimentary in celebration of Expo 2020.
After meeting your pilot and going through a quick safety briefing, you will gather around your basket while your Pilot begins the thrilling process of inflation. You will climb into the basket and before you know it, you will begin to peacefully float off the ground and ascend into the sky.
As you float up in the sky, the hues along the horizon begin to transform into beautiful shades of yellows and oranges. Depending on which direction you are facing, you will see the Arabian sun rising behind the Hajar mountains over the desert dunes. 4,000ft in the sky is one of the best places in the world to witness the beauty of the sunrise. Look out for Arabian oryx, gazelles or wandering camels in the sand dunes below.
Every balloon flight is different as they depend on wind direction, but each flight last for around an hour. One of the most exciting aspects of hot air ballooning is the landing as the landing is always different and in a different location! The Pilot will scout the vast desert for a suitable location and tell you it is time to attach your safety belts and embrace the landing position a few minutes before the balloon touches the ground. Will your balloon tip over? That is half the fun! You can also watch the other balloons land at the same time and take photos in the desert where you land.
The adventure doesn’t end there! After your once-in-a-lifetime experience of the desert from up above, get ready for a short drive through the dunes in a vintage Land Rover to an authentic Heritage camp in a Royal desert retreat. These 1950s Land Rovers were the first motorised vehicles introduced to the desert and have been restored to their former glory.
Once you have explored the desert from the sky in a hot air balloon and on land in a vintage Land Rover, you will get the chance to experience the desert in the most original way: on camelback. Enjoy a short camel ride in the desert on the outskirts of the Heritage Bedouin camp and discover why these animals are so iconic to Dubai.
New adventures always work up an appetite! Arrive at an authentic heritage camp to enjoy a 5-star à la carte breakfast in the heart of the desert. Relax in this beautiful setting and enjoy a delicious breakfast of Eggs Benedict, shakshuka, salmon, halloumi cheese, fresh fruit, cold cut platters and more served to your table. Before heading back to the city, explore the authentic camp built out of natural materials like stone, wood and goat hair or sit back and relax in the traditional majlis.
After an unforgettable morning in a magical setting in the desert, you’ll return to Dubai with your appetite for adventure fully satisfied!
Pick-up times vary with sunrise throughout the year from 3.30am to 5.30am.You will be collected from your hotel around an hour before sunrise with the exact time confirmed locally the day before your flight.
Approximately 5 hours in total with a one-hour balloon flight (exact balloon flight duration is weather dependent).
Average 4.5 out of 5 (4 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Dubai Hot Air Balloon Flight with Land Rover Drive & Desert Breakfast
- Ballooning is dependent upon favourable weather conditions which can affect the duration of the flight. Flights are normally one hour, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Flights are in a shared basket.
- There are four to sixteen passengers in a shared basket. The larger balloons have compartments for increased passenger comfort and safety.
- Not suitable for children under 5 years old and not suitable for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for guests that have had major surgery in the last 6 months, anyone that has had a broken leg/arm in the last 6 months or anyone who suffers from chronic back, neck pain or injuries.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 will be accepted at the child rate.
- When in Dubai you will need to reconfirm your trip and pick-up time with the balloon operator. Contact details will be supplied.
- Pick-up from Dubai Hotels is normally between 3:30 am and 5:30 am (depending on the sunrise).
- Expect to return to the Hotel between 8:30 am and 10:30 am.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.