This extended version of the Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue tour offers an incredible experience to spend a night in the desert under a blanket of stars. Quite simply unforgettable!
Our guide to Overnight Desert Safari
Riding in a luxury 4-Wheel Drive vehicle, experience the wild majesty of the Arabian Desert as you enjoy the thrill of ‘dune bashing’ – an exciting rollercoaster-of-a-drive over giant sand dunes.
Accompanied by an experienced dune driver, race up giant sand dunes and plunge over blind precipices, provoking shrieks and laughter in equal measure! At sunset, head to the largest dune to watch the full glory of a desert sunset before continuing to a Bedouin Campsite nestled deep in the desert.
On arrival at the Bedouin Campsite there is the chance to ride a camel, try sand surfing or smoke aromatic Shisha (water pipe), as your delicious barbecue dinner is prepared on open fires. Then indulge in a delicious 3-course Arabic feast under a canopy of stars accompanied by an authentic belly dancer and the soft tones of Arabian folk music.
After dinner, you can sit around the open camp fires, smoke more of the hubbly bubbly and chat to the local ‘Bedouin’ people about their way of life and how it has changed since the massive development in Dubai.
After a magical night camping in a Bedouin tent in the silence of the desert, wake up to a desert sunrise and enjoy a breakfast before returning to Dubai at around 9.30am.
- The luxury 4WD vehicles used are air-conditioned and carry a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver.
- All drivers are qualified off-road professionals; first-aid trained and carry mobile phones.
- All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- This safari trip takes you through rugged routes intended to create an adventurous and exciting experience. Therefore, this excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s.
- It is also not recommended for people suffering with heart conditions and back/neck problems.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Overnight Desert Safari
- Pick-ups are available from Dubai and Sharjah area hotels only.
- This excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s. It is also not recommended to people suffering from heart conditions and back/neck problems.
- It is advisable to take a jumper or light jacket for when the sun goes down. We also advise that you take good quality sunglasses.
- The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages.
- Overnight accommodation is a partitioned area in a large tent. For this tour, you will also require an overnight bag for your toiletries and change of clothes.
- There will be no alcohol or belly dance show during Ramadan.
- Please note on certain holy occasions and special days, entertainment and alcohol is prohibited in the Emirate of Dubai. This could affect the tour's content.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier at least 48 hours prior to the tour date/time. A 50% refund will be applied to bookings cancelled between 24 and 48 hours prior to tour date/time. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.