Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the wonders of the world’s greatest light show with this incredible Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two.
Our guide to Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
Prepare to take to the skies as the sun sets and head towards Iceland in search of the Aurora Borealis’ awe-inspiring light show. As well as an illustrated briefing before take-off, you’ll also get an informative presentation from a professional astronomer, with the likes of BBC’s Pete Lawrence, Nigel Bradbury or Dr. Lee Sproats likely to make an appearance. With uninterrupted views across the night skies, you’ll have the best opportunity to see this natural phenomenon in all its glory.
A truly spectacular experience, this is a night offering unforgettable memories and an informative approach to the wonder of the Northern Lights.
This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher will be sent to you. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher to book your experience. Your voucher is valid until 19 March 2023.
Manchester Airport - Monday 28 November 2022
Leeds Bradford Airport - Sunday 12 February 2023
Manchester Airport - Tuesday 14 February 2023
Birmingham Airport - Thursday 16 February 2023
Bristol Airport - Friday 17 February 2023
Gatwick Airport - Saturday 18 February 2023
Stansted Airport* - Sunday 19 February 2023 £60 (£30pp)
Newcastle Airport - Friday 17 March 2023
Glasgow Airport* - Sunday 19 March 2023 £60 (£30pp)
*some departure dates and airports are available for an additional supplement as given above, payable directly to operator.
Approximately 5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- You will need to take a form of photographic ID to travel on this experience
- Your voucher is valid on or before 19 March 2023. It is essential that you book and take your experience before this date as vouchers cannot be extended. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Whilst viewing the famous Northern Lights is not guaranteed on these flights, the dates are strategically planned to eliminate some of the factors which may spoil a land-based aurora watching experience. Therefore, significantly increasing your chances of viewing this spectacular natural wonder.
- We appreciate that many passengers will wish to photograph the Northern Lights, should they be visible, however, we regret to advise that unless your camera is quite sophisticated the results may be very disappointing and many cameras will simply not be able to image the aurora.
- Video cameras, iPads, iPhones and other camera phones are generally unable to image the aurora. Our expert astronomers bring the relevant equipment on-board and with over 250 flights worth of experience have developed techniques to take good photographs of the aurora. These images will be available to download free of charge for non–commercial use after each flight. Photo prints are also available for purchase.
- We would therefore recommend for the majority of passengers to leave the photography to our experts and simply enjoy the trip.
- No flash photography, rangefinder lights or illuminated review screens are allowed during the period of darkness on the flight as this disturbs the night vision of your fellow passengers. Before or after cabin darkness you are, of course, welcome to take photographs.
- In order to give all passengers an equal chance of viewing the aurora from a window seat, everyone is required to rotate seats with the other passengers in their row of three (or two, as is typical from Edinburgh or Glasgow) seats. Please be aware that this needs to be done in virtual total darkness. Instruction will be given when it is time to swap seats, and this is normally repeated several times to ensure that everyone gets a chance to see what’s being described outside.
- If any passenger would like sole use of a row of two or three seats, or if a party of two would like sole use of a row of three seats, this can be requested at the time of booking for an additional charge.
- A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
- Cancellation Policy: Once you make a booking with an experience operator you are bound by their terms and conditions. Make sure you understand their rules regarding changing or cancelling a booking (particularly at short notice) as a refund will not be offered in the case of infringement of these rules. Virgin Experience Days Cancellation Indemnity policy may provide a replacement Voucher in the event of cancellation by the participant owing to circumstances beyond their control.
Frequently Asked Questions for Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
What about the weather?
The usual weather restrictions that might ground a flight apply (storms, snow, heavy winds etc).