Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the magic of the Bay of Islands with this cruise through the maritime park which is filled with an abundance of wildlife and breathtaking scenery, the highlight of which has to be the passage through the 'Hole in the Rock'.
Our guide to Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
Take a half-day Bay of Islands cruise in search of dolphins and other marine life. Enjoy the views from our catamaran Dolphin Seeker as we journey around the Bay of Islands right to the end of the Cape Brett Peninsula, to the famous Hole in the Rock on Motukokako Island.
According to MÄori legend, local warriors used to paddle through the Hole in the Rock in their canoes before departing for battle. Drops of water from the cave roof above were a good omen. If conditions permit, your skipper will expertly guide the ship through the narrow space... and if you get dripped on, consider yourself lucky!
Keep an eye out for common and bottlenose dolphins, whales and other marine life during your cruise, and have your camera ready as we get you up close to the action.
Stop off at picturesque Urupukapuka Island and relax on the beach, or walk to the top of the island to enjoy 360° views of this beautiful region before we make our way back to port. As part of your cruise we offer a free ferry ticket so you can explore Paihia or Russell at your leisure.ker h
Dolphin Seeker has indoor and outdoor seating available, and the largest outdoor viewing decks in the Bay of Islands. Hot and cold refreshments are available on board.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
- Fuel levies may be introduced when required. Should this occur, charges will be payable direct and subject to change without notice.
- Passage through the Hole in the Rock is dependent on conditions.
- Itinerary is subject to change
- Cruise concludes at approximately 5.20pm (4.20pm May - September), back at Russell Wharf OR at 5.30pm (4.30pm May - September), back at Paihia Wharf.