Grand Celebration Sunset Helicopter Tour
4.8 stars: Based on 109 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Are you looking for a more unique way to the see one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World? If so, why not opt for a Grand Canyon helicopter flight at sunset and see this breathtaking gift of creation in a whole different light?
Our guide to Grand Celebration Sunset Helicopter Tour
The inclusions for this Sunset Tour are exactly the same as the regular Grand Celebration Tour, but you’ll enjoy a return flight from the Grand Canyon when the setting sun casts an orange glow over this magical landscape.
The stone of the Grand Canyon reflects a myriad of colours as the day goes on, but this is definitely the best time to see it; don’t forget your camera!
Board your helicopter and soar over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam as you head to the Grand Canyon West Rim. As the flight nears your final destination, enjoy spectacular views of the volcanic Black Mountains, Grapevine Mesa, and then head across the Grand Wash Cliffs, entering the Grand Canyon West.
Here you experience an incredible descent through 4,000 feet into the depths of the mighty Canyon, touching down by the banks of the historic Colorado River.
During your 30-minute stay on the canyon floor, you will be served a delightful champagne picnic meal, served under a 'Ramada', an authentic Hualapai Indian shelter.
You then enjoy a sunset flight back to Las Vegas when the setting sun casts a warm lazy glow over this magical landscape.
Daily, year-round including pick-up from Las Vegas Hotels.
Departure times vary between 2.45 pm in the winter and 6.30 pm in the summer.
About four hours from hotel to hotel. Flights to the Grand Canyon are about 35 minutes each way.
Fuel Surcharge - All tours are now subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Celebration Sunset Helicopter Tour
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off are available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Flights depart from Boulder City Airport. Transfers to and from the airport can take up to 90 minutes.
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused to board if weights are incorrect.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see the tour description for details.
- Total flight time is around 70 minutes in total.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardians lap.
- Fuel Surcharge - All tours are now subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Celebration Sunset Helicopter Tour
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky, and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. Finally, all passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification.