Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
4.3 stars: Based on 6 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on this fantastic Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour. Enjoy a 360-degree experience of not one but two of America's most iconic sites on an Ellis Island and learn the story of Lady Liberty with stunning views over New York Harbour.
Our guide to Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
Your day begins early with pre-reserved ferry tickets, getting you onto one of the first ferries heading to Liberty Island. That means that during your Statue of Liberty tour, you'll beat the worst of the crowds and be one of the first groups to reach the Statue. Your guide will lead you on a tour of the island, telling you the story of how the statue came into the world in fits and starts, the project almost coming to ruin numerous times.
For the second part of the tour you'll take the ferry with your guide over to Ellis Island, for a deep dive into the history of American immigration. Ellis Island was the first place that some 12 million European immigrants set foot on American soil, though as you'll learn on your tour, not all of them went further. Hear stories of second chances and heartbreak, new lives begun and families torn apart, as you see famous parts of Ellis Island's processing centers (now a Museum) like the "Stairs of Separation" the famous "Kissing Post".
When your tour ends you are free to hop back on the ferry with your guide, ending back in Battery Park; or you continue your exploration of Ellis Island. The Museum here is one of the most interesting in NYC, extremely well-curated with video and audio content, and interactive displays. It also includes a special section to help visitors locate the records of any ancestors that were processed here.
Please Note: For 11.00am and 1.00pm tours during the summer months please note that these tours have NO "early access" to the Statue of Liberty
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 4 hours
Average 4.3 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
- Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal - Pedestal tickets are only for tours until 31st March, 2020
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- Please note, the ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- For 11.00am and 1.00pm tours during the summer months please note that these tours have NO early access to the Statue of Liberty.
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $0.25 only. You MUST have a quarter and cannot use a dime and a nickle for example.
Frequently Asked Questions for Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour with Ellis Island
I have mobility issues/use a wheelchair, can I take this tour?
Yes! The Statue Pedestal has elevator access so this tour can accomodate wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. The only part you will not be able to visit is a small platform at the very top of the Statue Pedestal.