Walter Peak High Country Farm
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Relive the nostalgia and elegance of days gone by on this scenic cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm where you will gain an insight into life on a typical 'kiwi' high country farm .
Our guide to Walter Peak High Country Farm
Your scenic cruise on board the vintage steamer TSS Earnslaw gives you the opportunity to see the area surrounding Queenstown from the waters of serene Lake Wakatipu. The TSS Earnslaw has been delivering goods and passengers on the lake since 1912 and ‘The Lady of the Lake’ has a place in the hearts of Queentown residents both young and old. Beautifully restored, the steamer is a great way to travel on the lake, and you will also enjoy exploring the boat itself – enjoy a drink at the bar, watch the stokers as they fuel the fireboxes, or listen to the pianist in the lounge area.
On arrival at Walter Peak on the lake’s western shore, you will experience rural New Zealand on a fun tour of the farmyard - help feed the sheep, visit the deer and get close to the shaggy Scottish Highland cattle. There is plenty of time for you to wander through the beautiful lakeside gardens before you are presented with tea and coffee and delicious home made treats at the Colonel’s Homestead. Watch sheepdogs in action, a sheep shearing display and even try your hand at spinning wool before your exhilarating return trip over the lake to Queenstown.
Daily, year round.
10.00am, 12.00pm and 2.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Walter Peak High Country Farm
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking around the farm. Please dress for the conditions of the day and bring sunglasses, sun block and a waterproof jacket with you.
- This tour is suitable for all ages and is a great family afternoon out.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.