Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy homemade limoncello overlooking the stunning Amalfi Coast
Experience the stunning Amalfi Coast from both land and sea as you spend a day exploring various towns along this storied stretch of coastline. Explore the fashionable boutiques of Positano and get lost in the winding streets of Amalfi town. Cruise the coast and enjoy stunning views from a cliff-side lemon grove as you sip locally-made limoncello.
Our guide to Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
On this picturesque day trip you’ll enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worry about any logistics. From the winding streets of quaint, cliffside towns, to sparkling blue waters and postcard-perfect hilltop farms; you’ll experience this incredible region like never before.
The day starts in Rome where you’ll catch a high speed train to Salerno with an intimate group (of no more than 18) and an expert tour coordinator who’s on-hand to oversee the smooth running of the entire day. From there you’ll hop on a small ferry where you’ll enjoy views of the dramatic Amalfi Coast at its most picturesque.
Your first stop? Amalfi Town, where you’ll spend a delightful 2.5 hours. Escape any crowds below as you climb to a beautiful cliffside lemon orchard where you’ll enjoy a demonstration and tasting of one of the region’s most beloved products; the sweet, tangy liqueur called limoncello. This peaceful farm is perched above the town and offers stunning views out to sea - don’t forget your camera! After the tasting you’ll have time to yourself to explore the town and, if you enjoyed your tasting, maybe even purchase some limoncello to indulge in later!
Next, you’ll board yet another similar boat for a 20-minute ride down the coast to Positano, a small fishing village that has long been the holiday destination of choice for VIPs and Hollywood stars. Following an orientation walk with your guide you’ll have approximately 2.5 hours of free time in which you can browse the stylish boutiques, have leather sandals made to fit and/or enjoy a relaxing lunch of local delicacies at a seaside cafe. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit! There’s nothing nicer on a summer’s day than a dip in the sea. To end the day you’ll board the ferry for a scenic cruise to Salerno, where you’ll catch the high-speed train back to Rome in time for dinner.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change wihout notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide inside Termini train station, just outside the entrance to Caffe Moka, located next to train track number 24.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- There are approx 180-200 steps to climb to reach the lemon farm (you can opt for free time in Amalfi Coast instead). If weather conditions doesn't permit the visit we will do a limoncello tasting in Amalfi Town instead.
- If the boat doesn't run due to weather conditions we will travel by private car instead.
- Infants (over 36 months) need to book the child ticket price.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
Can I enjoy a swim on this tour?
Yes! Although be aware that there is not always a lifeguard on duty in the areas you might want to swim so you will be getting in the water at your own risk. The beach is public but the changing facilities cost 50 cents to use (charge subject to change).
Is lunch included?
No. Your guide will give you a few great recommendations for lunch spots and give you plenty of time, but where and what you eat is up to you.