Skip the Line: Premium Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Small intimate group of 15 or fewer
Explore not just the Colosseum, but all the major sites of Ancient Rome on this small group tour; providing context, history and fascinating anecdotes to bring ruins to life.
Our guide to Skip the Line: Premium Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
You start by skipping the long lines at the Colosseum and diving right in to its bloody but politically-important history. As you wander its first and second tiers your expert, passionate guide will help you separate the facts from the fictions that are often fed to tourists. From the lives of gladiators, to the real hand signals that emperors used to condemn combatants, you’ll never get a more thorough and enjoyable lesson than this.
From the entertainments of Ancient Rome to the business, you’ll head to the Roman Forum to learn about the commercial and political heart of the empire. Along the way you’ll pass the titanic arch of Constantine, the final resting place of Julius Caesar, and the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, who were charged with the unenviable task of safeguarding the morality of Ancient Rome.
Finally, you will ascend the Palatine Hill and learn the legend of Romulus & Remus, the mythological twin founders of Rome who were raised by a she-wolf. Explore ancient palaces, learning how the word “palace” actually originated right here, in the home of Caesar’s heir - the first emperor of Ancient Rome, Emperor Augustus. As you hear tales of the characters that played such a crucial role in shaping history; you will come to understand the importance this once-great empire like never before.
In your a small group of no more than 15 people, you’ll have incredible access to your expert guide. There is no better way to immerse yourself in the legends and facts of Ancient Rome.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip the Line: Premium Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. We advise you to contact us at time of booking to make further arrangements.
- Please note: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure. Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Skip the Line: Premium Colosseum Tour with Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Does Skip the Line Access mean no waiting?
During busy periods (May - October) there is sometimes a short wait to get inside the Colosseum. It will be rare that you will have to wait for very long.