VIP Caesar's Palace Tour with Colosseum and Roman Forum
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Admire beautiful frescoes and architecture that predate the Colosseum by a century
Emperor Augustus is one of the most important figures in the history of Western Civilization but for years his amazing palace was closed to the public and its interiors kept a closely guarded secret. This incredible tour takes you inside the intimate living quarters of this father of the Roman empire to view beautiful frescoes miraculously preserved for nearly 2,000 years.
Our guide to VIP Caesar's Palace Tour with Colosseum and Roman Forum
This VIP Caesar’s Palace Tour takes you beyond the security gates into the home of one of history’s great leaders.
Admire incredible frescoes and architecture as you learn about the fascinating lives that unfurled here, with appearances from Mark Antony and Cleopatra; and rumours of murder by poisoning. This amazingly well-preserved palace is every bit as impressive as Pompeii but sits directly in the heart of Rome.
Afterwards, head to the Colosseum to learn about the astounding blood sports that took place here. With Skip the Line Access, you won’t waste in long ticket lines for a fully guided tour of the first and second levels.
On this VIP Ancient Rome tour you will also stroll through the Roman Forum, where money-lenders, temples, and debate forums once hosted the teaming civic life of the ancient city. Visit the Temple of The Vestal Virgins; climb the Palatine Hill for a lesson in the mythic founding of the city by Romulus and Remus; and learn of the great victories that inspired the Arches of Constantine and Titus.
With skip-the-line access at all sites, an expert guide, and a small group of 22 people or fewer, this is the perfect tour for those who want an insight into Roman history that goes far beyond the conventional tourist trail and introduces you to some of Antiquity’s greatest sites.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for VIP Caesar's Palace Tour with Colosseum and Roman Forum
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at the entrance of Colle Oppio Park on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The entrance is opposite Oppio caffè.
- On some days it will not be possible to visit the House of Augustus due to closures or restricted availability. On such occasions, you will visit the House of Livia instead, where you will see many of the same features.
- On Saturdays the House of Augustus and the House of Livia will be closed to the public. On such occasions, you will visit Case Romane instead, where you will see many of the same features.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers.
- Please note: There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure. Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- This tour ends at Palatine Hill.
- Infants up to 1 year are free of charge.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations received greater than 72 hours prior to tour commencement are fully refundable. Cancellations received within 72 hours of tour commencement are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes.
- The order of the sights visited might change on the day of the tour.