Hike to Mount Teide Peak with Cable Car
5 stars: Based on 1 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Don't miss the unbelievable views from the summit of Mount Teide...
An incredible experience is in store on this tour which firstly ascends the majority of Mount Teide via cable car... before you finish the rest of the journey on foot making the miraculous vistas feel even more satisfying!
Our guide to Hike to Mount Teide Peak
Hiking up to the peak of Mount Teide, Spain's highest volcano, is an absolutely incredible experience and one that you won't forget in a hurry.
After being collected from your hotel, you'll drive through the stunning surrounds of Teide National Park before catching the cable car which, courtesy of a stunning 8-minute journey, delivers you to the upper observation point at 3550 metres.
Take in the stunning views from this incredible vantage point but be aware, you aren't finished yet!
Over the next hour, with the aid of an experienced guide, you'll ascend the final 170 metres to the volcano's summit via foot until you are well and truly the king of the mountain.
From here, the panoramic views across the entire island are stupendous and on clear days it's possible to see the profile of the nearby islands, such as La Gomera, El Hierro, La Palma and Gran Canaria.
The tour departs from northern Tenerife (Puerta de la Cruz-area) and from southern Tenerife on Monday and Wednesday (Los Cristianos and Costa Adeja).
8.00am - exact pick up time advised upon reconfirmation.
Approximately 4 hours.
Average 5 out of 5 (1 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Hike to Mount Teide Peak
- If the cable car is cancelled on the same day of the excursion for reasons beyond control, such as bad weather or repairs to the cable car, an alternative route will be taken. The price of the cable car ticket will be reimbursed.
- As this tour includes the permit to access the crater, no changes or cancellations are possible once booking has been confirmed. This is due to the way the Teide National Park’s permit issuing system works.
- People with cardiovascular conditions, pregnant women, and children under the age of 3 are not allowed on the Cable Car, because of the risks posed to their health by the altitude.
- It is essential to bear in mind that in the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this hike.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hike to Mount Teide Peak
- Is the hike strenuous?
The hiking part of the trip covers just 170m but the terrain is steep and rocky. Thus, the tour has a physical fitness rating of moderate and a technique rating of easy to moderate.