Grand Celebration with Eldorado Adventure
4.9 stars: Based on 10 reviews via
Combine an exciting helicopter flight to the mighty Grand Canyon with a visit to Eldorado Canyon, a historical site which was the scene of Nevada's biggest gold mining boom.
Our guide to Grand Celebration with Eldorado Adventure
Get ready for an adventure that encompasses the Grand Canyon's astounding natural beauty and also the historical significance of the area.
Your tour starts with a hotel pick-up and a transfer to Boulder Airport where you'll board a helicopter for a flight to the Grand Canyon's West Rim.
On the way, enjoy views of the southwest desert, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead before enjoying the sort of Grand Canyon vistas that only an an aerial perspective can provide.
Upon arriving at Grand Canyon West, you will descend 4000 feet to the canyon floor, land by the Colorado River and enjoy a champagne picnic meal.
After you marvel at the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon, you will travel on to Eldorado Canyon and disembark for a fully guided tour.
Miners from near and far descended on this area during Nevada's biggest mining boom, and you will learn more about their life, work and history during a guided tour of the Techatticup Gold Mine and Mill.
In addition to learning about the site's historical significance, jump on a Baja Jeep or ATV (see below) for a 2-hour guided tour of the beautiful desert nearby. Enjoy a boxed lunch and champagne toast in Eldorado Canyon before heading back to Las Vegas.
Eldorado Outdoor Excursion:
ATV – Experience the exhilaration of riding an ATV through the desert landscape of Eldorado Canyon and enjoy getting up-close-and-personal with its rugged natural beauty. Boots or sturdy shoes are required (no open-toed shoes, sandals, high heels or flip-flops are permitted). ATV riders must be a minimum of 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license. One person is permitted per ATV.
Baja Jeep – Board your customized Baja Jeep driven by a trained guide and strap yourself in for an off-roading excursion through Eldorado Canyon’s scenic overlooks historic mine shafts. This option is best for visitors seeking adventure with minimal physical demands. Riders in the Baja Jeep must be 6 years old or older.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Celebration with Eldorado Adventure
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Flights depart from Boulder City Airport. Transfers to and from the airport can take up to 90 minutes.
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see tour description for details.
- Total flight time is around 70 minutes in total.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardians lap.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Celebration with Eldorado Adventure
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. Finally, all passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification.