Whilst the re-opening of UK theme parks is great news for theme park fans, health and safety remains a top priority. As you’d expect, a theme park day out is going to be a little different from before, but everything the parks are introducing is with guests' safety in mind to make sure everyone has a brilliant, safe visit. All Merlin Theme Parks have been awarded the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark. This verifies that the parks meet the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that they have all the required health and safety processes in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.
|UK THEME PARK||STATUS|
|Alton Towers Resort||Now Open!|
|Chessington World of Adventures Resort||Now Open!|
|LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort||Now Open!|
|THORPE PARK Resort||Now Open!|
Top Things You Should Know As You Prepare to Visit:
Some things will be new, including a pre-book ticket system to manage visitor numbers and different seating configurations on rides but you’ll probably already be used to a lot of the new measures too such as social distancing in queues and being encouraged to use cards rather than cash, as these have become the new normal when visiting supermarkets and other outlets.
- Before You Arrive - Make sure you booked your tickets in advance with AttractionTickets.com; Walk-up tickets are temporarily unavailable. Guarantee admission on your chosen date and save up to 45% by buying your tickets in advance
- Before You Leave Home - Check the theme park websites and social media pages for the latest information. Guests with a temperature or displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 should not visit the theme park.
- On Arrival at the Theme Park - Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests with a temperature of 37.8 degrees or greater will not be admitted along with their household group.
- In the Theme Parks - Guests will be required to wear a face mask in order to go on a number of rides and rollercoasters. All guests will, therefore, need to bring a suitable mask with them when they visit a UK theme park. Face masks are not required for children under the age of 6 or for people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
- Contactless Payment - Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- Social Distancing - There will be clear markers and new signs to allow for social distancing within queues. This includes at the park entrance, when queuing for rides, in toilets and in dining areas.
- Some Experiences, Shows or Events may be modified or unavailable to allow for physical distancing and limited contact.
UK theme parks are back—and can’t wait until you are too! Pre-book a UK theme park ticket today and save up to 45% per person.