Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy seeing Lady Liberty up close plus the fine views from Liberty Island!
Enjoy a fully escorted tour to meet Lady Liberty before heading to historical Ellis Island.
Our guide to Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour
Start your day by meeting your guide at Battery park for a 30 minute guided tour of the park, before enjoying reserved access to the Statue of Liberty Ferry which will take you across New York Harbour to Liberty Island.
Built by Gustave Eiffel, “Lady Liberty” was a gift to the United States from the people of France. Take a self-guided audio tour with the provided headsets, available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Arabic. Enjoy stunning views back across to Manhattan and across to Brooklyn from Liberty Island.
Then, cross to Ellis Island to learn about the immigrant experience at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. It is thought that at least 40% of all current US citizens can trace one or more of their ancestors to Ellis Island! Pick up your audio guide on arrival (available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Arabic) and explore independently. Journey through the 60-plus years that the facility processed new arrivals at the start of their lives in America.
After a morning of excitement, education and exhilaration, you'll be ferried back to Battery Park to enjoy the rest of your day.
Around 3.5 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $2.00 in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers.
- Please note, the ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- Ferries depart every 20 minutes from Liberty Island to Ellis Island - and again returning to Battery Park
- Government-issued ID is compulsory to enter Liberty Island.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that the USA has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour
What is the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour?
The Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour is a guided experience that allows you to explore two iconic landmarks in New York City – the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island – with the assistance of a knowledgeable guide who will provide insights into their history and significance.
What does the tour include?
The tour includes round-trip ferry transportation to both the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, access to the Statue of Liberty Museum, and a guided tour of both sites. You'll also have the option to upgrade your experience with various add-ons.
Is the tour suitable for children?
Yes, the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Fully Escorted Tour is family-friendly and suitable for children. It offers an educational and engaging experience for visitors of all ages.
Duration of Visit
How long is the tour?
The tour typically lasts around 3-4 hours, including the ferry ride and guided tours of both the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Do I need to print my tickets?
You can either print your tickets or present them digitally on your mobile device. We recommend having a digital copy for convenience.
Clothing & Accessories
Is there a specific dress code for the tour?
There is no strict dress code, but we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and walking shoes, as you will be exploring both sites on foot.
Food & Drink
Can I bring food or drinks on the tour?
You can bring bottled water and snacks, but please be mindful of littering and dispose of any waste properly.
Can I bring a stroller or wheelchair on the tour?
Both the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are wheelchair accessible, and strollers are allowed. We strive to accommodate visitors with special needs to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.