Welcome to Rome - Twilight City Stroll and Gelato Tasting
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Indulge in a delicious gelato – Italy’s answer to ice cream!
Discover Rome’s historic top sights and get an orientation of the Eternal City with an expert tour guide. Your evening stroll through the historic centre includes the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain & Pantheon plus a free gelato!
Our guide to Welcome to Rome - Twilight City Stroll and Gelato Tasting
Coming to a city as (wonderfully) chaotic as Rome can be daunting. We want to give you a warm, Italian welcome and get you set up for the rest of your visit. Intimate groups of 15 people or fewer will guarantee easy access to your guide and the opportunity to ask anything you might want to know; from why Raphael is buried under the Pantheon, to where you can get the best pizza, or whether you should tip your waitress.
Start your tour in Piazza Navona, less of a plaza than a grand outdoor art gallery. Learn about the political intrigues surrounding Bernini’s Fountain of Four Rivers as well as some of the artistic in-jokes that he carved into the stone.
Next, head into our favorite site in Rome; the 1,900 year old Pantheon. In the early evening this marvel from Antiquity is much less crowded than during the day and your guide will take full advantage of the serenity to tell you about the history of the iconic dome.
After your visit of the Pantheon you will stop off for a scoop of gelato – Italy’s legendary answer to ice cream — included in the price of the tour. Next, stroll to the iconic Trevi Fountain. Your friendly, expert guide will explain the history and lore of the fountain before instructing you on how many coins to toss in depending on what wish you are hoping to fulfill (throw enough in and you might meet your soul mate!)
Finish your evening stroll at the famous Spanish Steps. Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck fans will recognize this spot from ‘A Roman Holiday’ - here they bumped into each other.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Welcome to Rome - Twilight City Stroll and Gelato-Tasting
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide in front of the Brazilian Embassy in Piazza Navona (under the Brazilian flag).
- This tour ends at Piazza di Spagna.
- Please note that on Saturdays the Pantheon is closed due to mass so see it only from the outside.
- It is required to cover your knees and shoulders if entering the Pantheon.
- Please note that the Pantheon may be closed during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, your guide will give you the explanation from the outside.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Welcome to Rome - Twilight City Stroll and Gelato-Tasting
Is there a dress code for this tour?
Yes. The Pantheon is a church so you need to cover your shoulders and to your knees before you enter. It is sufficient to bring a covering like a sweater or sarong with you for just this section of the tour.