Mount Teide Tour and Observatory Excursion
Visit Teide National Park and the largest observatory in the world...
Along with Chile and Hawaii, the Canary Islands has been named one of the best three spots on the globe to observe the sky. This guided tour of National Park includes an incredible visit to the world's most advanced astronomical observatory where you can explore the skies from the highest peak in Spain.
Our guide to Mount Teide Tour and Observatory Excursion
As well as exploring the amazing Teide National Park, you will get to see inside and learn about the largest solar observatory in the world on this fascinating day trip.
Your adventure starts with an enjoyable coach ride to the picturesque Mount Teide National Park, home of spectacular volcanic landscapes and striking picturesque scenery.
Learn how the Canary Islands were formed as you drive along dramatic mountain roads and through typical villages before ascending to the Teide Observatory which is located at an altitude of 2.400m.
Upon arrival, you will receive an introduction about the different areas of the observatory before watching a short video about the Canary Islands' sky and learning how the telescopes work at night - listen closely as an astronomy expert explains what astrophysics is and how astrophysicists work.
As you tour the observatory accompanied by your guide, you will have an opportunity to observe the sun through portable telescopes and explore this fascinating collection of buildings.
If you want to enjoy the Teide National Park in all its glory, exploring the nooks and crannies of one of the world’s most visited national parks, the Teide Tour is your tour.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Mount Teide Tour and Observatory Excursion
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 48 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 48 hours of tour date.
- If it is not possible to visit the Teide Observatory due to adverse weather conditions, guests will be reimbursed the admission cost.
- Guests aged between 2 and 11 years are eligible for the child rate.
- Pick-ups are available from most hotels in Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas, Costa Adeje and Playa Paraiso.
- When visiting the Teide Observatory, it's recommended to wear appropriate clothing to protect you from changing temperatures and comfortable footwear (please avoid sandals).
Frequently Asked Questions for Mount Teide Tour and Observatory Excursion
- Is lunch included in the tour?
No it isn't included.
- What is the child policy?
This excursion is not recommended for guests under the age of 8.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.
- Where does the tour pick-up from?
Pick-up points from Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos on Wednesdays: 8.35am Riu Arecas, 8.45am Isla Bonita, 9.00am Bouganville, 9.10am Tropical Playa, 9.15am Best Tenerife, 9.30am Princesa Dácil. Please note, pick-up points are subject to change.