Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
Virgin Experience Days Voucher
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
An experience never to be forgotten
Discover the wonders of the world’s greatest light show with this incredible Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two.
Our guide to Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
Prepare to take to the skies as the sun sets and head towards Iceland in search of the Aurora Borealis’ awe-inspiring light show. As well as an illustrated briefing before take-off, you’ll also get an informative presentation from a professional astronomer, with the likes of BBC’s Pete Lawrence, Nigel Bradbury or Dr. Lee Sproats likely to make an appearance. With uninterrupted views across the night skies, you’ll have the best opportunity to see this natural phenomenon in all its glory.
A truly spectacular experience, this is a night offering unforgettable memories and an informative approach to the wonder of the Northern Lights.
This experience is a great idea for a gift, as you don’t have to commit the recipient to a particular date – the choice is theirs! A voucher will be sent to you. Simply follow the instructions on your voucher to book your experience. Your voucher is valid until 12 March 2024.
Gatwick Airport - 8th November 2023
Birmingham Airport - 9th November 2023
Manchester Airport - 11th November 2023
Bristol Airport - 19th November 2023
Manchester Airport - 5th February 2024
Gatwick Airport - 7th February 2024
Bristol Airport - 8th February 2024
Gatwick Airport - 4th March 2024
Leeds Bradford Airport - 6th March 2024
Newcastle Airport - 7th March 2024
Stanstead Airport - 11th March 2024
Birmingham Airport - 12th March 2024
*please note that dates do get booked up quickly and are subject to availability.
Approximately 5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- You will need to take your passport with you to travel on this experience
- Your voucher is valid on or before 12 March 2024. It is essential that you book and take your experience before this date as vouchers cannot be extended. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Whilst viewing the famous Northern Lights is not guaranteed on these flights, the dates are strategically planned to eliminate some of the factors which may spoil a land-based aurora watching experience. Therefore, significantly increasing your chances of viewing this spectacular natural wonder.
- We appreciate that many passengers will wish to photograph the Northern Lights, should they be visible, however, we regret to advise that unless your camera is quite sophisticated the results may be very disappointing and many cameras will simply not be able to image the aurora.
- Video cameras, iPads, iPhones and other camera phones are generally unable to image the aurora. Our expert astronomers bring the relevant equipment on-board and with over 250 flights worth of experience have developed techniques to take good photographs of the aurora. These images will be available to download free of charge for non–commercial use after each flight. Photo prints are also available for purchase.
- We would therefore recommend for the majority of passengers to leave the photography to our experts and simply enjoy the trip.
- No flash photography, rangefinder lights or illuminated review screens are allowed during the period of darkness on the flight as this disturbs the night vision of your fellow passengers. Before or after cabin darkness you are, of course, welcome to take photographs.
- In order to give all passengers an equal chance of viewing the aurora from a window seat, everyone is required to rotate seats with the other passengers in their row of three (or two, as is typical from Edinburgh or Glasgow) seats. Please be aware that this needs to be done in virtual total darkness. Instruction will be given when it is time to swap seats, and this is normally repeated several times to ensure that everyone gets a chance to see what’s being described outside.
- If any passenger would like sole use of a row of two or three seats, or if a party of two would like sole use of a row of three seats, this can be requested at the time of booking for an additional charge.
- A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
- Cancellation Policy: Experience vouchers can be cancelled with a full refund if cancelled within 30 days of purchase, if your experience has not yet been booked, exchanged or extended. Experience vouchers are non-refundable after 30 days of purchase and 100% cancellation charges will apply. Once you make a booking with an experience operator you are bound by their terms and conditions.
- Please do not book your transportation until you have confirmed your date of visit because the experience is subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions for Northern Lights Sightseeing Flight for Two Experience Voucher
What about the weather?
The usual weather restrictions that might ground a flight apply (storms, snow, heavy winds etc).