Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Book now to visit one of Australia's most recognisable places!
Explore the famous Grampians National Park and its surrounds in one day. Take an easy stroll to enjoy the amazing tranquillity of Silverband Falls and a short hike into the spectacular Grand Canyon.
Our guide to Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
Departing Melbourne at around 8.00am, pass through Western Plains of Victoria on the way to historic Ballarat. Ballarat boomed in the 1850’s with the widespread discovery of gold in the district. Learn a little about the history as we enjoy some morning tea here at the site of the infamous Eureka Rebellion. Continuing on our drive through the picturesque western volcanic plains, pass through the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football.
Next, arrive at the foot of the Grampians Range or Gariwerd in the local Jardwadjali language. On arrival, immerse yourself in the Australian bush with a gentle stroll to the delightful Silverband Falls.
After that, make your way into the township of Halls Gap for a lunch break (own expense). Keep an eye open for the local kangaroos and abundant birdlife that can be seen in the main street. After lunch, head to the Wonderland Turntable for a short hike to the Grand Canyon. Marvel at the high rising rock walls, crisscrossed with layering and fault lines, showcasing the area’s unique geology. Stunning panoramas await at Reeds Lookout which overlooks the towering Stringybark Forest and Victoria Valley.
Next stop is MacKenzie Falls. No trip to the Grampians would be complete without a visit to these majestic falls. Marvel as water cascades down over the rocks, set in a gorge surrounded by a eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs to the panoramic viewpoint of the falls or journey down the stairs to the base of the steep gorge and gaze up at this truly impressive waterfall.
The next port of call is the Boroka Lookout. Boroka provides panoramic views of the surrounding region overlooking the town of Halls Gap and further afield to Lake Bellfield and beyond. Make your way back into Halls Gap for a final opportunity to spot some of the area’s wild kangaroo population before beginning our return to Melbourne.
A dinner stop is made on the return journey to Melbourne (own expense). After dinner, enjoy a stunning view of the illuminated city on the return journey.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- For customers not staying in a City Centre hotel, the central meeting point is the Rendezvous Hotel, located at 328 Flinders Street, between Elizabeth Street & Queen Street.
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please bring appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and to wear sensible shoes. We also recommend you bring sunscreen, a water bottle and a hat.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- Infant seatS (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) are provided free of charge. Please note we have a limited number of child seats available each day and they must be pre-booked.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operations or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- *Cancellation Policy - Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 48 hours before your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 48-24 hours of tour departure will incur a 50% loss of the tour fare. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of the tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
The touring vehicles have minimal storage space, so any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored on board. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let the tour operator know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
- Is much physical activity involved?
A moderate level of physical mobility is required.