Cocktail Walking Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A 'must do' tour when visiting New Orleans!
New Orleans has long been a muse with an unquenchable taste for revellry, muddling sophistication and fancy in equal parts. It’s no wonder the cocktail scene began early…1850 to be exact.
Our guide to Cocktail Walking Tour
Drink in her rich history as you explore the French Quarter, where the hour is always happy. Enter the Court of Two Sisters’ Carriageway Bar through the charm gates, wrought in Spain and blessed by Queen Isabella. Now a restaurant world famous for its jazz brunch and courtyard canopied by a 130 year old wisteria vine, the block has maintained a lively history since 1726.
Relax in the former residence of Antoine Peychaud, the Creole apothecary who prescribed and dispensed his patented herbal Peychaud’s Bitters, which would later become the key ingredient in the Sazerac, America’s first cocktail and the official cocktail of New Orleans.
At the intersection of two cobblestone alleys in the shadows of the St. Louis Cathedral, is a legendary pirate hangout. There you’ll meet the “green fairy” known as Absinthe, the mystical herbal elixir that induced intoxicating creativity in many authors, artists, poets and musicians. There’s nothing like soul-stirring jazz to raise your spirits.
Your tour ends on a high note at Fritzel's, not your typical dive bar. This jazz pub features the who’s who of New Orleans jazz, drawing jazz aficionados from around the world. You're welcome to stay for the show, then walk to dinner at one of many fine French Quarter restaurants nearby.
Come see why New Orleans is #MoreThanBourbonStreet.
Tour departs daily at 4pm. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.
*Please note, Gray Line New Orleans partners with a dozen locally owned establishments for this tour and reserves the right to substitute locations and cocktails based on nightly events.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Cocktail Walking Tour
- You must be 21 years of age or older to take this tour.
- Drinks are available for purchase along the tour route.
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- We recommend that you wear casual, comfortable attire but please avoid tank tops, cut-offs or short shorts. During warmer months caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- This tour begins at the Gray Line "Lighthouse" Ticket Office in the French Quarter at Toulouse Street & the Mississippi River - at the Steamboat Natchez Dock.
- Gratuities are not included and are appreciated by the guides when they meet or exceed your expectations.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Cocktail Walking Tour
What is included in the New Orleans Cocktail Walking Tour package?
Our Cocktail Walking Tour package includes a guided tour through iconic neighbourhoods, visits to renowned bars, and the chance to savour handcrafted cocktails. Please check the specific tour details for inclusions.
Are the cocktail tastings included in the ticket price?
Yes, your ticket covers the cost of select cocktail tastings at various stops along the tour. Enjoy the flavours of New Orleans as you sample expertly crafted drinks.
Do we need to make reservations in advance?
We highly recommend making reservations in advance to secure your spot on the tour. Popular time slots may fill up quickly, especially during peak seasons.
Can I join the tour if I don't drink alcohol?
Absolutely! While the focus is on cocktails, non-alcoholic alternatives are available. Our expert guides will ensure everyone has a delightful experience, regardless of beverage preferences.
Is there a minimum age requirement for the tour?
Participants must be at least 21 years old to join the Cocktail Walking Tour, as it involves alcohol tastings. Valid photo identification is required.