Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Don't miss this hair-rasing night tour of Venice!
Venice after dark is a place full of mystery and intrigue. Travelling off-the-beaten-track, you’ll explore dimly-lit narrow alleyways and walk across sleeping canals while being entertained by ghost stories and legends of Venice past and present.
Our guide to Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
This 'chilling' evening walking tour revolves around a delightful trek through the hidden back streets of Venice which provide the perfect stage for an array of ghost stories and legends from the city's past and present.
Stroll through narrow passageways, cross sleeping canals, and discover abandoned piazza's (campi), while discovering that Venice by night is a place of romance and mystery.
And mind your step as you follow your guide, you don't want to wake the dead! - you'll cross several ancient cemeteries hidden beneath the surface of modern-day Venice.
Discover numerous architectural gems lost in the alleyways including the famous Bovolo staircase - built by a wealthy Venetian, at a time when people still travelled around the city on horse-back, this elaborate staircase enabled the nobleman to ride his horse up to his private apartments.
Get ready for a few surprises as you explore one of the few secret passages left in the city, used by the lover of a noble Venetian lady to gain access to her private apartment without being noticed by her husband.
Throughout the tour, you'll hear intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the night air as your knowledgeable guide entertains you with legends about sea monsters and Venetians such as the classic tale about Marco Polo's wife.
Before the tour finishes at Rialto Bridge, hear stories of rat-infested prison cells as you stroll along the "Calle dei Assassini."
Around 90 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
- This tour takes place in a historical area and is unfortunately not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but the route/itinerary may have to be adapted to the weather conditions.
- You are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- There is a maximum of 20 participants per tour.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- This tour operates with min 6 participants.
- Cancellation Policy: More than 8 days before tour departure: no charge; From 7 to 4 days: 50% charge; Less than 3 days and no show: 100% non-refundable.