Buckingham Palace with Afternoon Tea at The Grosvenor
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Be astounded by the grandeur and lavishness of Buckingham Palace's interior on this special tour which includes special timed entry tickets - ensuring you don't have to wait in the long ticket line - and finishes with afternoon tea in a nearby hotel.
Our guide to Buckingham Palace with Afternoon Tea at The Grosvenor
Buckingham Palace's State Rooms are only open for a limited amount of time and thus an exploration of the rooms should certainly not be passed up. Combine this experience with a mouth watering afternoon tea to make a truly memorable day!
How does it work?
Meet your tour representative at the Golden Tours Visitor Centre in Victoria at 1.15pm and then take a short 10-15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace where you will enjoy an independent audio tour of this famous site, residence of Britain’s sovereigns since 1837.
On arrival at the palace, take advantage of special timed entry, which is tantamount to ‘skip the line' entry.
Marvel at the splendour of the rooms, used on official occasions by The Queen to entertain her guests. Be dazzled by the beautiful ballroom and throne room, before ending your royal tour with a walk through the stunning South Garden.
Royal Animals - Special Exhibition Summer 2020
Visitors to the summer opening of Buckingham Palace will have the special opportunity to learn about the swans and corgis that have become synonymous with the Royal family. The Royal family’s association with animals doesn’t stop at the domestic however, and the exhibition features exotic animals including the giraffe gifted to King George IV in 1827 by the Viceroy of Egypt, and the horses used for parades and public events. An avid animal lover (and no longer a user of real fur), the Queen’s and indeed the entire Royal family’s love of animals is documented in this fascinating exhibit, from George III to today.
After your visit to Buckingham Palace, you are free to take your afternoon tea at the Grosvenor Hotel in Victoria between 3.00pm and 5.00pm. This part of the tour is unescorted and you will need to make your own way to the Grosvenor Hotel after leaving Buckingham Palace.
This indulgent treat consists of a delicious selection of handcrafted tea cakes, mini rich butter fruit scones, fruit preserves, Devonshire clotted cream and traditional open and closed finger sandwiches. Choose from an array of hand selected Tea Forte teas.
The leisurely British tradition of afternoon tea will round off your Royal day in style!
Sample Afternoon Tea Menu:
Bright pier walk, doughnuts & candied apples
Strawberry Victoria sponge cake
Cucumber & cream cheese on white bread
Egg mayonnaise on rye bread
Ham & mustard on white bread
Smoked salmon & cream cheese on rye bread
Goat’s cheese & beetroot scone
Traditional fruit scone
Strawberry & lemongrass homemade jam
Cherry & cinnamon homemade jam
Tomato & horseradish chutney
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Buckingham Palace with Afternoon Tea at The Grosvenor
- Please note - If you ARE NOT travelling within the next 72 hours then it can take up to 7 days for your tickets to be uploaded. If you ARE travelling within the next 72 hours then once you've made your booking please contact us by replying to your confirmation email or by calling our Customer Service team.
- You MUST exchange your voucher at the meeting point in Victoria where you will collect your tickets for both Buckingham Palace and the afternoon tea.
- Please note there is a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace at the start of this tour. On occasions a bus will be used for the transfer to Buckingham Palace but this depends on bus availability and can't be guaranteed.
- No transfers are included and the tour is unguided.
- Please note that this experience is non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Buckingham Palace tickets purchased from Golden Tours cannot be converted into a 1-Year Pass.
- Clients that require mobility access must book directly with Buckingham Palace.