In addition to the huge list of annual events, the Orlando area also features some notable weekly activities that all add a little extra zest to a holiday here.
Saturday Nite Cruise
- The Saturday Nite Cruise at Old Town in Kissimmee is one of America’s biggest gatherings of vintage cars, displaying a three hundred plus collection of vehicles made pre-1972. The event begins at 1pm each Saturday and then stages a parade down the main street at 8.30pm. There is also live music and other entertainment from 7pm. Similarly there is also a Friday Nite Cruise at Old Town, however Friday nights features custom cars, special interest vehicles and trucks dating from 1972-1987 at 9pm each week. Both events are free!
Sunday Eola Market
- The Sunday Eola Market is a regular weekly gathering of fresh produce, arts and crafts at Lake Eola and is another colourful part of the regular local scene, perfect for a Sunday stroll.
House of Blues
- House of Blues at Downtown Disney West Side hosts a weekly Sunday Gospel Brunch that not only serves up hearty all-you-can-eat Southern cookin’, it also resounds with live uplifting gospel music. Two sittings take place, at 10:30am and 1:00pm. Reservations strongly recommended. 407 WDW-DINE.
Yappy Hour and Pup - a - Ratzi
- For some unique fun head out to Mount Dora for Yappy Hour and Pup-a-Ratzi at The Wine Den, where local pet owners gather to enjoy a glass of wine, some doggie bonding time, and perhaps splurge on a new toy for the puppy. You don’t have to bring your own pet, but if you love dogs or just want to witness this phenomenom just drop by as an addition to a relaxing day of boutique shopping in Mount Dora. This event runs every third friday of the month all year round,from 6pm-9pm.
- FleaWorld is the keen shoppers ideal jaunt, located 10miles north of Orlando on Highway 17-92. As expected at a Flea Market, the variety of goods on sell are vast, but there are great bargains to be found and a wonder of one off goodies. FleaWorld is open Friday to Sunday, 9-6pm every week. Onsite you'll find Fun World, a mini amusement park is open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-6pm.