Garden District & Mansion Walking Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Go inside one of the beautiful mansions of the Garden District...
Built to rival the Creoles’ French quarter, the Garden district is a beautiful neighbourhood with stunning examples of Greek revival and Italianate architecture. What's more, this tour is the only tour which takes you inside one of the stunning local mansions!
Our guide to Garden District & Mansion Walking Tour
Built to rival the Creoles’ French quarter, the Garden district is a beautiful neighbourhood with stunning examples of Greek revival and Italianate architecture.
Once part of the plantation owned by Bienville, the founder of New Orleans, explore this area with the aid of an expert guide beginning at the “American” section of town that was built to rival the architectural splendor of the Creoles’ French Quarter.
This historic district is known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture - see the homes of former Kings and Queens of Mardi Gras as well as the abode of the premier family of football - the Mannings - where Archie lives and Peyton and Eli grew up.
You'll also see the former residence of celebrated author Anne Rice, the house where Jefferson Davis died in 1889. Toby’s Corner, the oldest house in the area (built in 1838), and get to go inside the Opera Guild Home
There is also time for a visit to Lafayette Cemetery, one of the Cities of the Dead, to learn about the unusual above-ground burial system - please note cemetery is closed on Sundays and some holidays.
Daily, year round.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Garden District & Mansion Walking Tour
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- During warmer months, wear lightly coloured clothing. Caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- Infants 0-5 years sitting on parents lap are free of charge.
- Please note, due to the home's historic nature, access is by stairs only.
- Cemetery is closed on Sundays and some holidays.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.