Versailles Bike Tour
3.3 stars: Based on 3 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The only way to truly explore the magnificent gardens of Versailles is by bike as the area is too vast to enjoy completely on foot. See the sights that most visitors miss as well as the famous State Rooms and gardens. Your return train tickets from central Paris.
Our guide to Versailles Bike Tour
Meet your guide at a bike shop in central Paris and start your day with a short bike ride to the train station, where you will jump aboard the RER to the Palace of Versailles, one of the most spectacular royal residences in the whole of Europe.
On arrival at Versailles, first head to the village market where you can buy baguettes, cheese, ham, wine or whatever you desire for a picnic lunch in the Chateau's gardens (own expense).
The undoubted highlight of the tour is the chance to explore the tree-lined gardens by bike. These world-famous gardens are worth the trip to Versailles alone and most visitors enjoy them more than the Chateau itself.
The far end of the Grand Canal can only be reached by bike, so you will able to sit in peace and enjoy your picnic lunch on the same spot where Kings Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their house.
After lunch pedal back through the grounds to visit Marie Antoinette's Hamlet and the Petit Trianon.
Finally, enjoy skip-the-line access to the Château to avoid the tremendously long lines. See the room where Marie Antoinette’s guards were killed as they protected her from the mob at the beginning of the Revolution.
Walk through the breathtaking Hall of Mirrors where King Louis greeted guests, and centuries later the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end World War I. Your guide enables you to explore more of the 2,000+ acres of royal property than you would ever be able to see on your own.
Please note: You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness. Tours run rain or shine - Rain gear is available at a fee of €1.00 paid direct which will be refunded if not used.
Tuesday to Sunday between March and November.
8.30am (additional 8.15am and 8.45am departures during the summer - see calendar for details).
Around 8.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Versailles Bike Tour
- You must make your own way to the meeting point.
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking. Babyseats have a maximum weight limit of 48lbs/22kg.
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
- Tours run rain or shine.
- Check-in opens 30 minutes in advance and closes 5 minutes prior to your activity time, so please arrive early. It is imperative that all guests arrive on time.
- Once the tour has begun we do not have the ability to wait and add late arrivals to the tour since we will have already boarded the train to Versailles.
- All participants over 12 years of age must be able to ride a bike.
- All particpants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- The Versailles Bike Tour will return to central Paris or you have the option to stay in Versailles for longer on your own.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled 14 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 14 days of tour date.
Frequently Asked Questions for Versailles Bike Tour
- Can I stay at the end of my tour and explore without my guide?
Yes. This tour ends in Versailles with your skip-the-line access into the chateau. Your guide will provide you with your train ticket and directions back to the train station, about a 10-minute walk from the chateau. This enables you to explore the stunning palace and the formal gardens at your own pace and return to Paris whenever you'd like. Trains run until approximately 11pm (please check train times locally).