RIB Express Puffin Watching Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The Puffin Express by RIB Speedboat is the perfect option for an exciting, fast tour that gets you close to the birds!
Our guide to RIB Express Puffin Watching Tour
The Puffin Express by RIB Speedboat is the perfect option for an exciting, fast tour that presents the opportunity to get really close to the birds! The adventure starts at the Old Harbour of Reykjavík and they only take one hour.
Lundey and Akurey are two small islands located in the Reykjavík bay area, only 15 minutes away from Reykjavík‘s Old harbour, from where we depart. The islands are covered with small hills and slopes and both are well known for their colourful birdlife. The island‘s shores are rocky but our RIB speedboats are perfect to get as close to the islands as possible due to its shallow draft.
When we arrive to the islands we turn off the engine so our passengers can observe the birds and the beautiful surroundings. Our licensed guide shares lots of information about the puffins and other birds of interest that are often seen on the puffin watching tours. Other birds spotted include northern fulmars, gulls, arctic terns, and black guillemots.
Our puffin express by speedboat are fun and educational, and they only take one hour.
About 1 hour
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for RIB Express Puffin Watching Tour
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- Please read it thoroughly. You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- You MUST show photo ID upon arrival for check-in.
- Please note that transfers are not included unless selected at time of booking.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not allowed on this tour.
- Warm clothes, sunscreen, sensible shoes and a long-lens camera are recommended.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.