Versailles Half Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
3.3 stars: Based on 3 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy Versailles on your own, at your own pace. Your ticket includes transportation to the Palace of Versailles and an audioguide commentary allowing you to freely explore the State Apartments and the beautiful French gardens.
Our guide to Versailles Half Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
Your audio guide commentary gives you the perfect opportunity to visit the majestic Palace of Versailles at your own pace. Admire its Baroque architecture, sumptuous decoration, works of art, and the furniture created by some of history's greatest artisans. After your tour, enjoy a stroll through the palace's gardens.
Stretching for more than 721,000 square feet, the Palace of Versailles consists of over 700 rooms. Your audio guide will help you find your way during your visit, tell you about the history of the palace, and immerse you in its special atmosphere.
Visit the palace's most beautiful rooms: the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.), and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Queen Marie Antoinette.
Spend time marvelling at the spectacular Hall of Mirrors, a unique room in which guests were received and impressed, designed by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet long, it was designed to astonish the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors and is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors. It also offers breathtaking views of the palace's beautiful gardens.
In 1661, Louis XIV commissioned the gardener André Le Nôtre to lay out the grounds and gardens, something that was just as important as the construction of the palace itself as far as the king was concerned.
Spend time exploring the Palace of Versailles gardens and admire the many artworks they contain (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds, and woodland. During the Summer months, a range of activities is organized, such as the "Grandes Eaux,” when the many fountains are made to dance to music.
HOTEL PULLMAN PARIS TOUR EIFFEL - 22 Rue Jean Rey 750015 PARIS: Meet our representative with a Paris City Vision sign outside the hotel.
Approximately 4.5 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Versailles Half Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
- This is an unescorted tour. At the Palace of Versailles, you be given an audio guide so you can explore the site on your own
- Entrance to the gardens is included every day including the Musical fountains display and Musical Gardens days.
- We strongly advise against high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- Access to the palace is challenging for those with reduced mobility
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace
- Tuesday mornings are not recommended due to the high number of visitors
- Skip the line access to the Palace of Versailles is subject to constraints: security checks or unforeseen traffic can cause a waiting time
- On-site visit duration: 2h30
- Free cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)