Recently, Walt Disney World rolled out a brand-new feature on the My Disney Experience app that allows guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to order their food from Satu’li Canteen via the app, pay in advance from their connected Disney account and then schedule a pick-up time. Disney later extended this feature to include two other restaurants within the park: Pizzafari and Flame Tree Barbecue.
Well, the trial must have gone well because rumour has it that this service will now be available at another 12 restaurants throughout the four dry parks and Disney Springs. These new restaurants are rumoured to include:
- Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and Tortuga Tavern.
- Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary and Backlot Express.
- Epcot: Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella.
- Animal Kingdom: Restaurantosaurus (as well as originals Satu'li Canteen, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Pizzafari).
- Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger.
We (and anyone else who hates waiting in lines!) love this new initiative and can’t wait to try it out on our next trip to Walt Disney World. There’s no time frame or definite confirmation given for the roll-out to the other restaurants at this time so watch this space!
Of course, this is not the only reason you should download the My Disney Experience App. The app is also the best way to manage your FastPass+ reservations while you’re out in resort and on the go. When you’ve used up all your pre-booked FastPass+ you can even add one extra at a time via the app, saving you even more time in the dreaded queues. You can also manage all your My Memory Maker photos taken by Disney’s professional photographers via the app and link up the members of your group so everyone can see them.
Are you heading to Walt Disney World soon? Pre-book your Walt Disney World tickets and save yourself time and money at the gate.
Liked this post? You may also like…