Meet The Met: Extended Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The perfect tour for art and history lovers
This is a comprehensive tour of the enormous Met collection, but that doesn't mean it takes all day! Instead, an expert Walks guide will lead you through 5,000 years of art - from Ancient Egypt to modern America - in just three hours.
Our guide to Meet The Met: Extended Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
The Metropolitan Museum of Art has one of the largest collections in the world, so trying to see all the highlights in a single visit is difficult, to say the least. Not when you take a Met tour with an expert Walks guide, however! In a little over three hours, they'll lead you on an epic journey through the history of global art.
On this specially-planned route you'll step inside the Temple of Dendur, which was transported intact from Egypt; visit an Ancient Roman bedroom that survived the destruction of Pompeii; ponder the use of color in French Expressionist art; learn about ceremonial clothing from Papua New Guinea; find peace surrounded by Monet's *Water Lilies*; and marvel at masterpieces by a plethora of artists, including Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Picasso and Vermeer.
As you move through the Met Museum, your expert guide will help you decode and interpret the art, as well as telling you the stories and context behind each work. This isn't just a walk through a great art collection; it's a journey around the many cultures of the globe, allowing you to soak up a rounded sample of the very best that artists have produced over the last 5,000 years. You'll also visit the Met's lovely rooftop garden, for incredible views over Central Park.
Enjoy American artworks including Sargent's controversial *Madame X*, the iconic *Washington Crossing the Delaware* and view international masterpieces, like those by Vermeer, Rembrandt and Jacques-Louis David.
With small groups of just 15 people or fewer, you'll have unparalleled access to your guide, whose encyclopedic knowledge of art and history will unlock the many worlds of art contained in the Met.
- The Temple of Dendur
- 'Washington Crossing the Delaware'
- 'Madame X'
- Sculpture Gallery
- Ancient Pompeiian Room
- Met Rooftop (seasonal)
- Greek and Roman Statuary
Varies, please see calendar.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Meet The Met: Extended Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events with no advance notice provided. While usually this occurs in the evening times, closures may impact this tour. In such cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted. Even more rarely, the Met may rent out select rooms for private events in which the same rule of substitution applies.
- Please note that the Met rooftop is closed during the winter from November through April and reopens from early May through the end of October, weather permitting.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.