Classic Hot Air Balloon Flight from Port Douglas
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Take in 360 degree views over the Atherton Tablelands
Enjoy the serene and uplifting experience of hot air ballooning as dawn breaks over the spectacular Australian bush. Rise up and float over the scenic Atherton tablelands with its rainforest-fringed mountains and tranquil country landscapes.
Our guide to Classic Hot Air Balloon Flight from Port Douglas
Experience the magic of a Hot Air Balloon adventure in Port Douglas as we whisk you away from your hotel to embark on an unforgettable scenic flight. Begin your morning with a mesmerising balloon inflation display, setting the perfect tone for the day ahead.
As you ascend into the sky, you'll gently float over the breathtaking Atherton Tablelands, with its lush rainforest-clad mountains and serene countryside vistas. Take in the beauty of the landscape and keep an eye out for local wildlife, adding an extra touch of wonder to your journey.
After your scenic flight, indulge in some light-hearted balloon pack-up games, adding a touch of fun to your experience. Finally, at around 09:30am, board the coach for a comfortable return transfer, concluding your enchanting hot air balloon adventure.
Itinerary (subject to change)
- Pre-dawn pick up - Pick-up at your Port Douglas accommodation by a Hot Air Balloon Port Douglas air-conditioned coach for your morning floating over the Tablelands, it's a one hour transfer. Pickup times confirmed on booking.
- 6.30am - Experience the fun & unique sensation of a hot air balloon ride over the Atherton Tablelands, Australia. Enjoy the picturesque landscape as the day begins. Breathe in the wide-open spaces! We have Australia's largest fleet of balloons and a fun and highly trained crew to maximise the fun of your morning.
- 7.50am - Our hot air balloon flights are more than an aerial adventure. Upon landing, you're invited to a post-flight celebration featuring an array of locally-sourced refreshments. Delight in a selection of fresh fruits, energising muesli bars, scrumptious muffins, and a delectable variety of savoury pastries and quiche. Pair these with our carefully selected sparkling wine or a refreshing orange juice, as you share your experiences and create connections with fellow adventurers, our pilot, and support crew.
- 9.00 - 9.30am - The tour finish time varies with the seasons (summer, winter and the time of sunrise).
Daily, year-round except 25th December and 1st January.
Approximately one hour before sunrise (Around 5.00am). This tour picks up from centrally located Port Douglas accommodation.
Around 5.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Classic Hot Air Balloon Flight from Port Douglas
- All pick-up and drop off times are approximate and seasonal and will be confirmed upon booking.
- Children 0 to 2 years inclusive are not eligible to fly.
- All times are an INDICATION only. Please note that times do change summer/winter/spring, exact start times given on receipt of your full booking details.
- Proof of age is required for children aged 3 to 5 years inclusive.
- Pick-up times confirmed when you re-confirm with the tour operator locally.
- Wear casual outdoor layered clothing suitable for a bush environment (white clothing not recommended). Enclosed footwear is compulsory.
- In the event of inclement weather, flight will be cancelled but can be rebooked for another day. If unable to travel on alternative day, full refund applies.
- Meals, ballooning souvenirs and in-flight photographs are not included.
- It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and company requirement that Passengers flying with the Operator must be able to climb INTO the basket unaided.
- Pregnant persons beyond 3 months (13 weeks) of pregnancy are not permitted to fly.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 72 hours of travel. No refunds for bookings cancelled 72 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no show. Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before this time.