Wavedancer Low Isles Reef Cruise from Port Douglas
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
An idyllic unspoilt tropical paradise that appeals to everyone
Experience the thrill of sailing on a 30-metre high-speed catamaran to an unspoilt tropical hideaway, surrounded by 55 acres of turquoise reef, where you can do as much or as little as you want.
Our guide to Wavedancer Low Isles Reef Cruise from Port Douglas
Depart for Port Douglas and on arrival, board your luxury sailing catamaran Wavedancer for an exciting one-hour journey across the Coral Sea to Low Isles, an unspoilt tropical hideaway surrounded by 55 acres of turquoise reef.
This is the perfect day for families and couples seeking island relaxation. There, you have the wonderful opportunity to swim and snorkel in the crystal clear water, take a guided snorkel tour with the marine biologist and explore this idyllic environment from a glass bottom boat.
See a myriad of vibrantly coloured tropical fish and croals, turtles and sealife or simply relax on the beach under the shade of a thatched umbrella.
An afternoon beach walk led by a marina biologist provides a fascinating insight into the flora and fauna that make up this spectacular ecosystem and since visitors are kept to a minimum, you'll experience this island haven with a select few.
Daily, year round.
Check-in begins from 9.15am for vessel boarding at 9:30am. Wavedancer departs the marina at 10.00am.
The cruise lasts around 7 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Wavedancer Low Isles Reef Cruise from Port Douglas
- Children under the age of 15 years are unable to travel without a parent or legal guardian. Children between the ages of 15 to 18 years can travel unattended but a dive waiver (either certified or introductory) and letter signed by the parent/legal guardian, giving permission to the child to dive, must be presented to the crew on the day before travel. Please contact the Quicksilver office for the required paperwork.
- Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera to capture your memories. Limited underwater digital cameras are available to hire onboard.
- If you did not select hotel transfer, please make sure to check-in at the Quicksilver/Wavedancer reservations counter inside the Port Douglas Reef Marina. Check-in begins from 9.15am for vessel boarding at 9:30am. Wavedancer departs the marina at 10.00am. The staff will issue you with your boarding pass and direct you to our vessel.
- Those wishing to dive will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire on board prior to diving. Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from diving. Quicksilver recommends a wait of 12 hours but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity. Please use caution and inform the crew of any medical conditions.
- The minimum age for diving is 12 years.
- On very rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should a cruise not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
- An Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 is levied on all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area. This charge is included in the above rprices. With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Wavedancer Low Isles Reef Cruise from Port Douglas
- How do I check-in before departure?
Please check-in at the Quicksilver/Wavedancer reservations counter inside the Port Douglas Reef Marina. Check-in begins from 9.15am for vessel boarding at 9.30am. Wavedancer departs the marina at 10.00am. A member of the staff will issue you with your boarding pass and direct you to our vessel.
- What is the temperature of the water?
The warm waters of Tropical North Queensland range in temperature from 22-29 Celsius (75-85 Fahrenheit) and make for year-round comfort for water activities.
- What if the weather is really bad?
Providing the tour operator has availability, you are welcome to change dates of your cruise. On very rare occasions cruise services can be subject to the effect of weather. Should a cruise not operate for any reason, you will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
- Can I change the date of my cruise?
Yes, you are welcome to change your day of travel locally direct with the tour operator, providing there is availability. There are no fees to change dates. However, you must contact them a minimum of 24 hours prior to travel.
- What’s the best day or time to visit?
Tour operates year-round, every day is a holiday. Generally, you will find the warm air and water temperatures in the tropics make for comfortable conditions year-round for water activities. If you are visiting between the months of May to October, while certainly not guaranteed, there is the added bonus of potential whale sightings on the journey to and from the reef. Humpback whales regularly migrate from Antarctic waters every winter to the warmer waters of the Great Barrier Reef. They are most commonly sighted from June to September. The smaller Minke Whales can often be seen at Agincourt Reef from as early as April but from our experience, the most common sightings occur from June to July.
- How far out is Low Isles and how long does it take to get there?
Low Isles is 15km NE of Port Douglas. Travelling time aboard the sailing catamaran Wavedancer from Port Douglas to Low Isles is 70 minutes.
- What do I bring?
Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera to capture your memories. Limited underwater digital cameras are available to hire onboard. A professional photographic service is also available for you to purchase photos of your day. For optional activities or onboard purchases like souvenirs or drinks from the bar, bring along your credit card or some cash.
- Does lunch cater for vegetarians?
Yes, the daily buffet lunch provides food options for vegetarians. Meals are prepared daily by our Catering Department utilising local produce wherever possible. All menu options are labelled with ingredients lists.