Great Barrier Reef Discovery Scenic Helicopter Flight from Port Douglas
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Be amazed by the views of the pristine coral sea waters!
Enjoy an amazing bird's eye view of the largest living structure in the world as your helicopter soars over the unbeatable scenery of the Great Barrier Reef.
Our guide to Great Barrier Reef Discovery Scenic Helicopter Flight from Port Douglas
This incredible helicopter flight takes you on an adventure over Australia's amazing Great Barrier Reef.
Actually made up of over 2600 separate reefs, the Great Barrier Reef lies over 30km out to sea and stretches 2000km along the Queensland coast making it the largest reef system in the world.
A Nautilus Aviation vehicle will pick you up from your hotel for your transfer to the Port Douglas Heli Centre at Sheraton Mirage, the departure point of your tour. Departing over Port Douglas and 4 Mile Beach, other highlights include sights of Snapper Island, Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest in the distance.
Be treated to a picture postcard view of the Low Isles and flying low over Batt Reef there are opportunities to spot stingrays, manta rays, turtles, sharks, dugongs (many at Batt Reef), dolphins and even whales in the winter months.
Your tour concludes approximately 30 minutes after commencement, at which time hotel drop-offs will commence
Daily, year-round except 25th December.
Varies, please see the calendar.
30-minute flight time.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Great Barrier Reef Discovery Scenic Helicopter Flight from Port Douglas
- Flight paths and timings may vary due to weather or air traffic control. Flights are weather dependent and subject to the pilot's final discretion.
- A minimum of 2 persons are needed to book this tour.
- Infants 0-2 years are free of charge if sitting on a parent's lap. A maximum of one infant per helicopter may travel as per CASA regulations.
- Due to Aviation Weight Restrictions a client's body weight must be advised at the time of booking. Should a client advise a weight variance of more than 10%, the right is reserved to charge a 100% cancellation fee.
- All passenger body weights (kg) must be advised at the time of booking.
- Maximum single-seat payload is 130 kg.
- Passengers with special needs or travelling with more than one infant must advise at the time of booking for pilot assessment.
- Prices listed for these packages are based on 1 helicopter with up to 4 passengers.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such ,cases any charge will be collected locally on departure.
- Adult rates apply for children aged 3 years and over.
- Personal items should not exceed 10kg and be carried in a small soft-sided bag for easy stowage.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. A fee of 50% of the tour cost will be charged for bookings cancelled or amended 48-25 hours prior to travel. No refund if the booking is cancelled or amended 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Great Barrier Reef Discovery Scenic Helicopter Flight from Port Douglas
- Do you provide transfers from accommodation?
Yes, packages include courtesy transfers to and from your accommodation on your day of travel except where indicated.
- Can we take photographs in the helicopters?
All helicopters have clear windows which enable you to take some incredible photographs of the Reef and Rainforest. Some of the helicopters have windows which can be opened for photograph shooting as well. All we ask is that when taking pictures no part of the body or camera is placed outside of the helicopter, and straps are not to be placed around the neck for safety reasons.
- Why are weights so important on a helicopter?
Like airplane flights, weights play an important role in helicopters. We need to ensure that helicopters on all flights are not over loaded under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations. For this reason, we need you to provide accurate weights when booking. There is no need to be concerned as your weights are kept strictly confidential and you will also be weighed on arrival, including your luggage.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
If at the time of departure, the pilots deem that the flight cannot go ahead due to bad weather conditions and thus raising safety concerns, the flight will be cancelled. If this occurs, the tour operator will make every endeavor to place you on an alternate flight that will meet your requirements. If this is not plausible, a full refund will be offered.