St. Peter’s Basilica from Top to Bottom with Dome Climb & Crypt
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Climb St. Peter’s Basilica Dome!
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access tour. Not only will you enjoy a full guided tour of the Basilica and Papal Crypt (not usually included Basilica and Vatican tours) with an expert guide, you will avoid long lines to climb up into the titanic dome early in the morning, and gape at the amazing views of Rome.
Our guide to St. Peter’s Basilica from Top to Bottom with Dome Climb & Crypt
Finally your tour will include a rare visit to the Papal Crypt where your guide will point out the most significant tombs. It’s forbidden to speak inside the Crypt (it’s a sacred site) but before you enter, your guide will tell you the stories of the men buried in them.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 2 hours 30 minutes
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for St. Peter’s Basilica from Top to Bottom with Dome Climb & Crypt
- From August 6th, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please note, this tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties. Please contact us to make further arrangements.
- Please remember that St. Peter's Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- St. Peter's Basilica is subject to unforeseen closures due to Vatican affairs. In the event that this happens, Walks of Italy will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule. In the rare case that the tombs are closed we will spend extra time in St. Peter's Basilica and Square.
- Small bags and umbrellas are permitted inside the Basilica. However, large bags, pointy umbrellas and objects must be left at the bag check situated at the entrance of St. Peter’s Basilica, next to the official audio-guides desk.
- Please note that skip the line access is not possible at the dome or at St. Peters Basilica's security line (although it is possible for guests entering via the Vatican Museums, who use a different door), so you may need to spend some time in unavoidable queues. Your guide will use the time well though, entertaining you with stories and pointing out the incredible details of St. Peter's Square.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with strollers on this tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations received greater than 72 hours prior to tour commencement are fully refundable. Cancellations received within 72 hours of tour commencement are non-refundable. Amendment requests are subject to availability and price changes.
Frequently Asked Questions for St. Peter’s Basilica from Top to Bottom with Dome Climb & Crypt
Does St. Peter's Basilica have a dress code?
Yes, although you aren't expected to dress as formally as if you were attending a mass. Unless you actually are attending a mass. The most important rule is NO SHORTS, that applies to both men and women. Shoulders must also be covered, so no tank tops. Small bags and umbrellas are permitted inside but large bags have to be checked at the entrance, next to the official audio-guides desk.