San Diego Zoo
4.7 stars: Based on 6 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The World's Number One Zoo!
Visit over 4,000 rare and endangered animals and over 650 unique species and subspecies from all over the world at one of San Diego’s most popular attractions, the San Diego Zoo – 100 acres of animal-themed exhibits and habitats right in Balboa Park.
Our guide to San Diego Zoo
Animals you’ll see: The zoo is home to thousands of animals, including giraffes, koalas, giant panda bears, polar bears, elephants, gorillas, rhinoceros, Galápagos tortoises, anacondas, Tasmanian devils, crocodiles, and lots more. The zoo features a massive aviary, right in the middle of the park, so you can walk among free-flying birds from California and way beyond.
Your San Diego Zoo ticket includes:
- Guided Bus Tour Kangaroo Express Bus
- A ride on the Skyfari® aerial tram
- All general admission exhibits and shows
Insider tip: start your visit to the Zoo with a ride on the Guided Bus Tour for an overview of the zoo’s layout and top exhibits, then use the Kangaroo Express Bus to get around to different areas in the park you want to visit and be sure to plan your day around any animal shows or keeper talks you want to see.
Fun fact: the San Diego Zoo qualifies as an official botanic garden; be sure to take note of its collection of over 700,000 exotic plants.
Exhibit highlights at the San Diego Zoo:
- Africa Rocks: the zoo’s newest exhibit, Africa Rocks consists of 6 new habitats dedicated to African plant and animal life, like African penguins, baboon, lemurs, and more.
- Panda Canyon: head here to see the zoo’s most famous residents, the giant panda bears, and learn about their habitats and behaviors from the always-present zoo keeper.
- Guided Bus Tour: the best way to get a full overview of the zoo and see lots of animals in a short amount of time.
- Northern Frontier: see animals from the Norther Frontier like caribou, snow white fox, and the playful polar bears from a platform that provides views of the polar bears both above and below the surface of the water.
- Elephant Odyssey: learn how the zoo cares for their massive residents and watch them roam in their large landscapes close to other California-native animals, like large birds, lions, meerkats, and more.
- Lost Forest: see animals like tigers, monkeys, gorillas, and more, including the zoo’s famous resident hippos, and take a stroll through the Scripps Aviary and Owens Aviary where you’ll be surrounded by tropical birds soaring overhead and singing.
- Discovery Outpost: this fenced-in exhibit lets kids and adults pet some of the animals like wooly sheep and friendly pygmy goats.
You’ll find much to see and do here, and there are acres of rolling, scenic exhibit areas to explore. A trip to San Diego would not be complete without a visit to this world-famous zoo, so get ready for a walk on the wild side! You’ll see the beauty of the Animal Kingdom in the San Diego Zoo’s many naturalistic habitats, and you’ll meet friendly staff who is dedicated to the animals’ care and well-being. Don’t miss this San Diego classic!
Our guide to San Diego Zoo
Guided Bus Tour - San Diego Zoo
SKYFARI AERIAL TRAM - San Diego Zoo
Animal Encounters - San Diego Zoo
Shows - San Diego Zoo
Balboa Park Miniature Train - San Diego Zoo
Kangaroo Bus - San Diego Zoo
Average 4.7 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Purchase was good but unfortunately we weren't able to use tickets due to lockdown and closure
Sheila Street reviewed 08 Apr,2020
Could have spent all day there and STILL not had time to see everything. Fantastic
Trusted Customer reviewed 27 Oct,2019
A full day out. Very educational regarding all the conservation work carried out.
Julia Bailey reviewed 22 Sep,2019
San Diego zoo is the best zoo we have visited and would recommend to everyone.
Trusted Customer reviewed 18 Aug,2019
Die Kombination aus Pflanzen/Tieren ist einzigartig. Einige Gehege sind meiner Meinung nach aber ziemlich klein und nicht mehr zeitgemäss; vor allem verglichen mit dem Zürcher Zoo.
Nadia Lo curto reviewed 07 Aug,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for San Diego Zoo
- You will be sent a gate ready San Diego Zoo e-ticket not a voucher, ensuring minimum fuss on arrival.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given after this time.