Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
You'll feel like a true Catalonian after enjoying this tour...
This fantastic full-day tour is a combination of the Barcelona Highlights and Artistic Barcelona Tours and provides a comprehensive insight into the city with visits to the Gothic Quarter, Port Olympic, Montjuic and more in the morning before discovering the amazing architecture of Gaudí in the afternoon.
Our guide to Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
The first part of your visit consists of a guided walking tour through the small and narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of the city. During this early visit, we will see Las Ramblas, de Cathedral Square, The Cathedral, the Old Jewish Quarter, among other interesting places.
You will then board the bus for a panoramic tour of the city. First, drive through Passeig de Gracia to view Casa Batlo and Casa Mila before moving on to the on to the seafront where you can admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the 1922 Olympic Games. See the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach, Barceloneta - the fisherman’s quarter, the Port Vell and Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument which indicates the direction the great explorer sailed in when he discovered the Americas.
Continue by driving up Mount Juïc before switching modes of transport to a cable car. This is sure to be the highlight of your tour as you soak up the incredible views across the city and beyond as your cable car ascends this iconic mountain. Follow this by stopping at the MNAC viewpoint for more fabulous views of the city.
Part two begins in the afternoon and is focused on the architecture of Antoni Gaudi. Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and is the place where the famous architect worked and lived. What's more, this great innovator has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover.
Start with the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Basilica, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where the vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next, discover Gaudi's bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with perfect integration of the architectural elements of nature. You will end your tour with a short trip to the Sant Pau Art Noveau Masterpiece. You will learn from your guide about the exterior of the building, about the history of the site and the ideas of the architect Lluis Domènech i Montaner.
1 April – 31 October: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 1 November – 31 March: Monday and Saturday
8.00 am for an 8.15 am departure.
Around 10 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
- Due to the degree of walking involved, this tour is not recommended for people with mobility issues.
- Please be aware that the tour includes walking, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- You have approximately 1 hr 15 min of free time for lunch (not included) between both parts of the excursions.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that Tenerife has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Barcelona in One Day - Barcelona Highlights & Artistic Barcelona
- What is the child policy?
Guests aged from 4 - 12 years old are eligible for a Child rate.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.
- What is the group size?
It can vary from day to day however this is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants.