Overnight Desert Safari
4 stars: Based on 1 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
After an exciting desert safari by day, experience the magic of the desert by night...
This extended version of the Desert Safari and Sunset Barbecue tour offers an incredible experience to spend a night in the desert under a blanket of stars. Quite simply unforgettable!
Our guide to Overnight Desert Safari
Riding in a luxury 4-Wheel Drive vehicle, experience the wild majesty of the Arabian Desert as you enjoy the thrill of ‘dune bashing’ – an exciting rollercoaster-of-a-drive over giant sand dunes.
Accompanied by an experienced dune driver, race up giant sand dunes and plunge over blind precipices, provoking shrieks and laughter in equal measure! At sunset, head to the largest dune to watch the full glory of a desert sunset before continuing to a Bedouin Campsite nestled deep in the desert.
On arrival at the Bedouin Campsite there is the chance to ride a camel, try sand surfing or smoke aromatic Shisha (water pipe), as your delicious barbecue dinner is prepared on open fires. Then indulge in a delicious 3-course Arabic feast under a canopy of stars accompanied by an authentic belly dancer and the soft tones of Arabian folk music.
After dinner, you can sit around the open camp fires, smoke more of the hubbly bubbly and chat to the local ‘Bedouin’ people about their way of life and how it has changed since the massive development in Dubai.
After a magical night camping in a Bedouin tent in the silence of the desert, wake up to a desert sunrise and enjoy a breakfast before returning to Dubai at around 9.30am.
- The luxury 4WD vehicles used are air-conditioned and carry a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver.
- All drivers are qualified off-road professionals; first-aid trained and carry mobile phones.
- All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- This safari trip takes you through rugged routes intended to create an adventurous and exciting experience. Therefore, this excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s.
- It is also not recommended for people suffering with heart conditions and back/neck problems.
Thursdays, year round.
3.00pm - 3.30pm. Hotel picks ups commence 30 minutes beforehand.
Around 19 hours including an overnight stay at a desert camp.
Tips & Tricks - Overnight Desert Safari
To cool off head to Wild Wadi or Aquaventure water parks. Both are considered to be amongst the best in the world.
Average 4 out of 5 (1 customer reviews)
This is a FAB trip and a really worthwhile experience. However the regular day time safari would be recommended rather than the overnight trip. At 8pm all entertainment on the camp stopped and everyone began leaving. Our driver told us he would be back in the morning for us and that we could find somewhere to sleep on the seating area around the sides of the camp. On hearing this we made the decision to return back to the city despite having paid an extra £22 per person for the overnight trip. During the trip we also made the decision not to take a camel ride (available as part of the package) because of the poor treatment of the animals. I was very disturbed by what I seen at the camp- kicking and punishment of the camels who looked extremely agitated. Aside from these negatives the trip itself is really great fun however i feel that attraction ticket really need to change there supplier. Furthermore attraction ticket need to update the information on their website which claims you can purchase alcoholic beverages at the camp (you cant!), and to also make people more aware of the sleeping arrangements.
Trusted Customer reviewed 04 May,2012
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Overnight Desert Safari
- Pick-ups are available from Dubai and Sharjah area hotels only.
- This excursion is not recommended for children under the age of three years, expectant mothers and over 65s. It is also not recommended to people suffering from heart conditions and back/neck problems.
- It is advisable to take a jumper or light jacket for when the sun goes down. We also advise that you take good quality sunglasses.
- The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages.
- Overnight accommodation is a partitioned area in a large tent. For this tour, you will also require an overnight bag for your toiletries and change of clothes.
- There will be no alcohol or belly dance show during Ramadan.
- Please note on certain holy occasions and special days, entertainment and alcohol is prohibited in the Emirate of Dubai. This could affect the tour's content.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier at least 48 hours prior to the tour date/time. A 50% refund will be applied to bookings cancelled between 24 and 48 hours prior to tour date/time. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.