King of Canyons Sunset Helicopter Tour with Canyon Landing
4.5 stars: Based on 11 reviews via
Enjoy a magical Grand Canyon helicopter flight to and from the famous Canyon before returning at sunset for a spectacular journey over the bright neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip.
Our guide to King of Canyons Sunset Helicopter Tour with Canyon Landing
Enjoy a breathtaking helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon, one the world’s most impressive and best known natural wonders before returning at sunset to fly over the famous Vegas strip!
You will be collected from your Las Vegas hotel in a limousine to be transferred to McCarran Helicopter Terminal ready for your Grand Canyon Helicopter flight which passes over the impressive Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the epic Canyon itself.
The landscape below transforms from salt marshes to extinct volcanoes as you journey towards the highlight of the tour, and soon you are descending into a stunning valley for a breathtaking final approach to the landing zone at the West Rim.
Once on the ground, you will have around 30 minutes to eat a picnic lunch, sip a champagne toast and pose for some breathtaking photo’s backdropped by the stunning surrounds before your flight ascends the 4000 feet canyon walls for your journey home.
The time of the return flight is scheduled to coincide with the setting sun culminating in a swoop across the strip itself - a kaladiescope of neon-colour, non-stop action and man-made splendour.
Daily, year round including pick-up from Las Vegas Hotels.
Flights vary between 2.30pm in the winter and 5.30pm in the summer to culminate with the sunset - precise time will be advised upon reconfirmation. Las Vegas hotel pick-ups start up to 60 minutes before the departure time.
Flights depart from McCarran Terminal in the heart of Las Vegas.
About 3.5 hours from hotel to hotel. Helicopter flights to the Grand Canyon are about 45 minutes each way.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for King of Canyons Sunset Helicopter Tour with Canyon Landing
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Photo ID is required at check-in.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see tour description for details.
- Total flight time is around 90 minutes in total.
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- Flights depart from McCarran Terminal.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardians lap.
Frequently Asked Questions for King of Canyons Sunset Helicopter Tour with Canyon Landing
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. Finally, all passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification.