LA in a Day
5 stars: Based on 1 reviews via
This popular city tour offers the best introduction to this one-of-a-kind city including the celebrity footprints outside Graumans Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the shops and boutiques on Rodeo Drive, the Farmer's Market, La Brea Tar Pits, the Frank Gehry designed Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels and Olvera Street which is considered the birthplace of Los Angeles.
Our guide to LA in a Day
See the major sights of Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Downtown on the most complete sightseeing tour of Los Angeles! Accompanied by an expert guide you’ll see the sites you've seen countless times on TV and in the movies from the comfort of deluxe luxury air-conditioned sightseeing bus. Among the many highlights you will see:
- Graumans Chinese Theatre: Famous for the hundreds of celebrity handprints and footprints on in its forecourt, the theatre itself is the number one movie premiere location in the world.
- The Kodak Theatre: The first permanent home of the Academy Awards. The Walk of Fame: Enjoy a 20-minute stop at Hollywood’s most visited attraction, the Walk of Fame which features around 2,400 stars inlaid with the names of famous TV, Movie, Recording, Live Theatre and Radio Stars. Hollywood Sign: Hollywood's most famous landmark.
- Hollywood Bowl: The summer home of the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. The outdoor 18,000 seat natural amphitheatre has hosted many of the world's most famous musicians, including The Beatles, Cher and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Farmer's Market: The largest open air market in Los Angeles, with more than 140 shops, restaurants, markets and cafes. Here you will enjoy a 60-minute lunch stop.
- Rodeo Drive: Enjoy a 20-minute stop to see the stores where the rich and famous shop, including Bijan, Gucci, Prada, Harry Winston Jewellers, and the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
- La Brea Tar Pits: This is one of the world's most famous fossil localities, recognized for having the largest and most diverse assemblage of extinct Ice Age plants and animals in the world, all recovered from the asphalt deposits of the Tar Pits.
- Paramount Studios: Paramount Studios is the last major studio still located in Hollywood itself where movies and TV shows are still made to this day.
- Sunset Strip: Sunset Strip is famous for its glittery nightlife with glamorous hotels, clubs and restaurants.
- Olvera Street: This is part of the Pueblo which is considered the birthplace of Los Angeles where you will find the oldest homes in the city which date back to 1818.
- Staples Center: Home to many sports teams, including the World-Champion Los Angeles Lakers.
- Walt Disney Concert Hall: This spectacular concert hall, with its massive steel curves was designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry who is considered a modern day icon.
- Our Lady Cathedral: The Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels, built in 2002, was designed by world-renowned Spanish architect, Jose Rafael Moneo as a modern reinterpretation of the California Mission.
9.30am or 12.30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence up to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Around 6 hours.
Hotel pick-ups are only available from Beverly Hills, Bel Air, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Universal Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles area hotels. If you are not staying in one of these areas you will need to make your own way to the departure point at Graumans Chinese Theatre located at 6925 Hollywood Boulevard.
Average 5 out of 5 (1 customer reviews)
Very knowledgeable tour guide especially liked it when we went up to the observatory.it was a long tour so we didn’t continue with the tour of the movie stars had we had enough sitting by then but that was the only negative
Trusted Customer reviewed 22 Aug,2019
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for LA in a Day
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your chosen date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-ups are only available from Hollywood, West Hollywood, East Hollywood, Universal Hollywood, Mid Wilshire, Downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air and Century City. If you are not staying in one of these areas you will need to make your own way to the departure point at Graumans Chinese Theatre located at 6925 Hollywood Boulevard.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 48 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 48 hours of tour date.