Madrid Highlights and Skip The Line Prado Museum
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover some of Madrid’s most famous attractions!
This experience combines all the elements of the Madrid Highlights sightseeing tour with skip-the-line admission to the world famous Museo del Prado, where you will discover one the world's finest collections of art.
Our guide to Madrid Highlights and Skip The Line Prado Museum
Discover the many historical influences that have shaped the city of Madrid from its medieval origins as an Arab-fortress, to the grand courts of Phillip II and of Charles III, through to modern-day Madrid characterised by the Santiago Bernabéu Football Stadium.
Your Madrid excursion includes a walking tour through the courtesan district of the Hapsburgs characterised by Phillip II and his Renaissance and Baroque style buildings like those in the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and Plaza de la Villa. Visit the Bourbons and the complex town planning schemes of Charles III, the Royal Palace, Cibeles and Neptuno Fountains and the Puerta de Alcalá.
Admire the 19th Century works of José Bonaparte, such as the elegant Plaza de Oriente and The Prado Museum before discovering contemporary Madrid including Gran Vía, Castellana, the district of Salamanca, Plaza de Castilla, Parque del Oeste, University Campus, the symbolic Las Ventas Bullring and the world famous Santiago Bernabéu Football Stadium. During the tour, there is a short respite at Colon Square where you can stretch your legs or enjoy a free drink at the Hard Rock Café.
Continue to the world famous Museo del Prado - Prado Museum which houses one of the finest art collections in the world. It displays thousands of European paintings, sculptures, and other works of art throughout its halls - and this is only a fraction of their collection! The Museo Nacional del Prado, opened to the public for the first time in November 1819. The Museum's first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although at that time its collection comprised just over 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences).
The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum's collection as we know it today, started to increase significantly in the 16th century during the time of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. It is down to them than nowadays we can contemplate in the Museum as greatest masterpieces as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosh, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Las Meninas by Velázquez and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
The tour finishes at the Prado Museum, so you can continue to explore the museum on your own should you wish.
Daily. Does not operate 1 Nov 20 - 25 Mar 2021.
9.00am. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Around 4.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Madrid Highlights and Skip The Line Prado Museum
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.
- Comfortable shoes are recommend for this tour.
- Please note that the tour ends at Prado Museum.
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, oficial acts and public works).
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot.
- Please note: some of the paintings might not be available despite belonging to the permanent collection for reasons out of our control. In those cases, the itinerary will be modified to comprise another painting with similar artistic value and sign.