Prado Museum Skip-the Line Ticket
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
One of the world's greatest art galleries!
The Museo del Prado - Prado Museum - is considered to house one of the finest art collections in the world and your pre-booked and pre-paid ticket will guarantee fast, hassle-free entry into this iconic Madrid museum.
Our guide to Prado Museum Skip-the Line Ticket
Enjoy a 1.5-hour tour and skip past the normal ticket line at one the world's great museums, the Museo del Prado. Considered to house one of the finest art collections on the globe, it displays thousands of European paintings, sculptures, and other works of art throughout its halls - and this is only a fraction of the collection!
The Prado specializes in European art from the 12th-19th century (Madrid's Reina Sofia Museum is home to the post-19th century art) and was built from the Spanish Royal Collection.
The most famous piece in the collection that is on display at the Prado is Las Meninas by Diego Velazquez. The artist dedicated many of his own pieces to the museum and had a hand in obtaining several works from great Italian painters as well. In tribute to Velazquez, his statue is one of the few marking the entrances to the museum.
The Museo Nacional del Prado, opened to the public for the first time in November 1819. The Museum's first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although at that time its collection comprised just over 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences).
The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum's collection as we know it today, started to increase significantly in the 16th century during the time of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. It is down to them than nowadays we can contemplate in the Museum as greatest masterpieces as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosh, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Las Meninas by Velázquez and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
Your visit to the Museo del Prado follows chronological order,
- J. Bosch (El Bosco) (1450-1516): The table of the 7 deadly sins, The Hay Wain, the temptations of San Antonio, the stone of madness and the Garden of Delights.
- Greco (1540-1614): the gentleman's hand on his chest, the Trinity, Christ embraced the cross and the Annunciation.
- Velázquez (1599-1660): the worship, drunkards, equestrian portraits, the Forge of Vulcan, the Christ, the spinners, spears and las meninas.
- Goya (1746-1828): the family of Carlos IV, pictures the shootings of May 2, pestles and black paintings.
You will meet your guide 15 minutes prior to your tour where you will receive your priority-access admission to Prado Museum, allowing you to skip the normal ticket line and head straight inside. The tour will end inside the museum, so you can continue exploring the museum at your leisure.
April to October: Daily at 10.00 am, 12:30 pm and 3.00 pm; November to March: Daily at 12:30 pm and Saturdays 10 am.
Around 1.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Prado Museum Skip-the Line Ticket
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 20 people.
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Prado Museum Skip-the Line Ticket
- Does this tour include hotel transfers?
No, unfortunatly hotel transfers are not included. Please meet at the Madrid City Tour Information point at Felipe IV street, next to the Prado Museum.