Day Tour - New York to Philadelphia and the Amish Country
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Depart New York through New Jersey and Pennsylvania to the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia.
Our guide to Day Tour - New York to Philadelphia and the Amish Country
After arriving in the historic area of Philadelphia we visit the famous Liberty Bell - one of the symbols of freedom in America, Independence National Park and Congress Hall. Stroll Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest continuously inhabited street in America. Continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the Financial District, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia, and more.
Departing Philadelphia we will see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue to Lancaster County home of the Amish people. After a break for lunch at the marketplace, where you can buy some handmade souvenirs, we embark on an authentic Amish Buggy ride through the Amish farm country.
Learn how Amish culture survived centuries without the benefits of technology; to this day their towns survive without the central power and sewage systems, that modern civilazation takes for granted. We learn how the Amish adapted, incoporating technology to create farms that are self sufficient and make use of renewable sources of energy.
In the late afternoon we will depart towards the East for an evening arrival in New York.
Departure Location: NYC Outside Port Authority side entrance - 330W 42nd (btw. 8th & 9th Ave.)
Departs: Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
Start Times: 6:30 am
Duration: 14 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Tour - New York to Philadelphia and the Amish Country
- The order of activities held during the tour is planned by the tour guide. So, it may be different from what is mentioned on the tour page. On fewer occasions, Tour Guide has to skip an attraction or few during the tour depending on weather, traffic, group interest or some other reason.
- Some attractions are seasonal. So, when they are closed they will be replaced with some other attraction.
- These Guided tours are conducted in a group. A group can have people of several cultures. We expect each person to coordinate with Tour guide to make sure things are on track.
- Travelers can select the Tour Guide Language at the time of booking.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.