South Coast Glacier Hiking
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
An exhilarating glacier hike is a great way to experience Icelandic nature and this tour delivers this and much more.
Our guide to South Coast Glacier Hiking
Within a little less than two hours drive from Reykjavík is Eyjafjallajökull glacier, and just a little further the Sólheimajökull glacier tongue extends down from Mýrdalsjökull, Iceland´s fourth largest glacier.
A glacier hike is a great way to experience Icelandic nature. Take an easy glacier walk on crampons up on to the ice field where a wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses awaits discovery.
During the hike, you will learn more about these disappearing giants and how to use basic glacier equipment for this tour.
Post-hike, on the way back to Reykjavík, you will stop at the two beautiful waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss.
Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes this waterfall so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it - Don't forget your waterproofs if you want to do this!
Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in the films Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Daily, year round.
9.00am with hotel pick-ups from approximately 30 minutes prior to that time.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Coast Glacier Hiking
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses (if hotel pick-up ticket is selected) starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Remember to bring warm clothing, rain gear and hiking boots.
- There is no place where we can stop for lunch on this tour. Therefore you need to bring along a picnic lunch. We recommend to sit down for lunch before the hike and maybe have a light snack afterwards.
- Children 9 years and younger are not permitted on this tour.
- Ice climbing is not included in this tour.
- Operation of this tour depends on weather conditions on the glacier.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours