Duomo Sky Walk - Florence Heaven
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The incredible opportunity to discover Florence Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore cathedral) and to see the city from an exclusive and breathtaking point of view: the Duomo terraces (that are normally not reachable) and Brunelleschi's magnificent Dome.
Our guide to Duomo Sky Walk - Florence Heaven
Entering with a skip-the-line ticket, with our knowledgeable and passionate guide first focus on Florence Duomo: the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, which is also often considered the symbol of the city. Designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, the cathedral is the third largest church in the world (after St. Peter's in Rome and St. Paul's in London) and it was the largest church in Europe when it was completed in the 15th century. The numerous different styles that you’ll encounter in the building bear witness to changing tastes over the long period of time that elapsed between its foundation and its completion. Discover masterpieces such as Paolo Uccello’s clock, Vasari’s frescoes and Bandinelli’s marble choir. Please note that in the 6PM departure you will climb directly to the Duomo terrace, skipping the more in-depth visit of the Cathedral.
Then, begin your ascent to Florence Heaven: the staircase climb, through narrow and openair corridors that have been closed to the public for centuries, will be rewarded by an incomparable view of the city from the Duomo Terraces, on the cathedral rooftop. A sky walk that will feel like floating between the city landscape, with its ancient roofs and towers, and the imposing Dome standing just a few meters above your head. This is an exclusive visit of the Terraces, that are normally not open to the public. Take the most incredible pictures from this 32-metre-high (105 ft) panoramic point right in the middle of the old town.
Learn how the massive self standing cathedral dome was built and how it can still firmly dominate Florence skyline after 600 years, withstanding earthquakes and the passage of time. With his astonishingly innovative approach in vaulting the dome space without any scaffolding, Brunelleschi changed the rules of architecture forever, by inventing the way to defy gravity and reach eternity.
Then, if you feel like continuing your climb, you can reach the top of Brunelleschi's Cupola (the Dome). Skipping the endless long lines, you will have the opportunity to reach the 91-metre-high (300 ft) panoramic viewpoint for the highest level of this Florentine Heaven and breathtaking views.
Departure Location: PIAZZA REPUBBLICA - meet your tour leader in front of the Apple Store, under the arches.
Departs: Monday to Saturday. 12pm. Extra departures Monday to Friday 6.00pm June to September
Duration: 2.5 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Duomo Sky Walk - Florence Heaven
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- Big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum.
- Please note: Guided tour of the Cathedral (skip the line) is not included in the 6.00pm departure
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure or do not show for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.