Swamp and Bayou Tour
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the timeless beauty of Southern Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat as you travel through part of the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park - Barataria Preserve to discover the wildlife of the swamps and bayous.
Our guide to Swamp and Bayou Tour
After a short motor coach ride across the Mississippi River you will board an all-weather boat that has been purpose designed for cruising through the swamps and bayous of Louisiana.
These wetlands are home to an abundance of wildlife including alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, snakes and birds, and your native guide will know all the best places to look for these creatures.
Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year.
Learn why our wetlands are disappearing due to coastal erosion and man’s efforts to correct the damage it has done and restore this vital habitat.
You will also learn about the Cajun’s, an ethnic group that predominantly live in Louisiana who utilized the swamps and bayous to create a water-based lifestyle that included hunting, fishing and trapping.
These people turned soup into gumbo, the washboard into a musical instrument and the swamps into a homely paradise. The naturalist will also explain why the Louisiana wetlands are gradually vanishing and the efforts that are being made to preserve and restore them.
This tour has been featured on numerous TV shows and wildlife documentaries and is a must-do for anyone that visits New Orleans.
Varies - Please see calendar.
3.5 to 4 hours (includes travel time).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Swamp and Bayou Tour
- Infants 0-5 years sitting on parents lap are free of charge.
- Snacks and refreshments are NOT included, however they are available to purchase locally.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- This tour begins at the Gray Line "Lighthouse" Ticket Office in the French Quarter at Toulouse Street & the Mississippi River - at the Steamboat Natchez Dock.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.