Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the best of the Met in just 2 hours!
Easily one of the best art museum in the world, with works spanning 6 continents and over 6,000 years, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is so vast you could easily spend days inside. If you don’t have days to spare, our Met Express Tour cuts to the core, taking you straight to the collection’s highlights in just 2 hours.
Our guide to Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
The vastness of the Met collection is what makes it special, so this carefully planned itinerary shows you a broad spectrum of art, sculpture, jewels, artifacts and even architecture. Traveling in small groups of 15 people or fewer, with an expert guide, you’ll traverse the globe without leaving Central Park.
Your tour starts in Ancient Egypt, beholding perfectly preserved ancient Egyptian tomb models. See tiny dioramas that show what life was like in the times of Tutankhamen and learn about the fascinating burial rituals of the era. You’ll understand a little more of this at our next stop, Egyptian mummies and “William,” the Met’s “mascot.” Next, onto a prize jewel of the Met Museum, the Temple of Dendur, an Ancient Egyptian Temple right smack in the middle of Central Park. New York City can thank Jackie O for helping procure this magnificent work, as rumor has it, for cultural and personal reasons. Your guide will give the gossip along with the art.
More rumors abound at two of the next pieces you will see – the armor of Britain’s infamous King Henry VIII, and the Antioch Chalice, purported by some as, ‘The Holy Grail.”
Discover more ancient works of Greek statuary and Roman frescoes before moving to the exotic, with a stop in Papua New Guinea. The Met houses a number of beautifully carved Bisj poles, collected by a Rockefeller – at the cost of his life. You will then head to the second floor to soak in some of Claude Monet’s famous Water Lillies, be energized by the expressive works of Vincent Van Gogh, and be inspired by a bronze of Rodin’s Thinker.
Varies, please see calendar.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Met Express: Highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2 Hours
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that New York has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 15 guests.
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events with no advance notice provided. While usually this occurs in the evening times, closures may impact this tour. In such cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted. Even more rarely, the Met may rent out select rooms for private events in which the same rule of substitution applies.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.