Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island And 9/11 Memorial & Museum Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover two of NYC’s most important sites!
Get the most from your time in the Big Apple on this exciting full-day, Complete Lower Manhattan Tour. Join your expert local guide and small group of only 25 people or fewer to explore the Statue of Liberty.
Our guide to Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island And 9/11 Memorial & Museum Tour
Your day starts early, at Battery Park. With priority boarding you’ll be one of the first people aboard one of the first boats to Liberty Island. Once docked, your guide will lead you on a tour of the island and on to the great lady of NYC – the Statue of Liberty.
It’s back aboard the ferry then for the short ride to Ellis Island. Here you’ll be particularly grateful for your expert guide as they lead you through the immigration process undergone by 12 million new arrivals. Walk the Stairs of Separation and get a feel for how it must have felt for lovers and families as they awaited their fate – and the start of a new life in land of the free.
Your guide will walk you through the fantastic exhibits of the Ellis Island Museum, answering any questions you may have. This is where the first part of your tour ends, and with 2-2.5 hours before the next leg of our Lower Manhattan journey, you have plenty of time to spare. Spend a little while more on Ellis Island if you like, before hopping on the ferry back to Battery Park (included in the price) and getting lunch on your way to the meeting point for our afternoon activity – a complete 9/11 tour.
Rather than just visiting the memorial and museum, your guide gives you a full picture of what happened on that terrible day from a local perspective. Learn how it impacted the community (and the rest of the world), and how hard NYC fought to get back on its feet.
With that in mind, the tour starts not at the 9/11 Memorial itself, but at St. Peter’s Church followed by St. Paul’s Chapel. This is where people gathered after the attack to await news of their loved ones, to mourn, pray and offer support. The walls here are still covered in touching handmade memorials, reminding visitors that 9/11 wasn’t just a huge global and political event, but a crippling personal tragedy for thousands of New Yorkers.
Your guide will take you next to the official 9/11 Memorial and the two Memorial Pools, each one built in the footprint of one of the towers and inscribed with the names of victims. You’ll visit the Fireman’s Memorial and learn of the endless courage of those who worked around the clock for days to save the victims of the attack – often at the cost of their own lives. The Survivor Tree is another poignant site you may have missed on your own. Don’t worry, with your expert local guides on hand, you won’t miss a beat.
The last site on our tour, the 9/11 Memorial Museum, is wonderfully curated, with a artifacts salvaged from the attack and harrowing personal stories. It’s best to visit on your own, as the displays can be quite emotional, but there is a parting gift. Enjoy pre-reserved tickets so you don’t have to waste time waiting in lines here.
With all the details taken care of throughout the day, this Lower Manhattan Tour takes the hassle out of navigating NYC’s two busiest attractions. And with small groups and an expert local guide, you’re guaranteed to get so much more from these special experiences.
Varies, please see calendar.
8 - 8.5 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island And 9/11 Memorial & Museum Tour
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 25 guests.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $0.25 only. You MUST have a quarter and cannot use a dime and a nickle for example.
- Guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Certain items are not permitted in the Museum and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to 9/11 Museum's guidelines on specific prohibited items.
- 9/11 Memorial Museum is non-guided with 5pm entry. An average visit takes approximately two hours.
- St Paul's Chapel is closed on Tuesdays & Thursdays for renovations for the forseeable future and may also be closed on other dates. On the days when St. Paul's Chapel is closed, we will tour the grounds and substitute our inside visit for additional sites important to the events of 9/11 but not normally covered on the tour.
- The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- The morning part of the tour ends at Ellis Island (guests can choose to stay on Ellis Island and return on their own or take ferry back to Battery Park with Guide.)
- The afternoon part of the tour ends at 9/11 Memorial Museum, Greenwich Street between Albany Street and Liberty Street.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.
Frequently Asked Questions for Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island And 9/11 Memorial & Museum Tour
How does entry to the 911 Museum work?
You can only enter the 9/11 museum with a pre-purchased, timed entrance. You will enter at 5pm without your guide and without waiting in line. Average length of visit is 2 hours, so please plan for at least this much time.
I have mobility issues/use a wheelchair, can I take this tour?
Yes! The Statue Pedestal has elevator access so this tour can accomodate wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. The only part you will not be able to visit is a small platform at the very top of the Statue Pedestal.