Daintree Walkabout from Port Douglas
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the oldest intact rainforest habitat!
Hear Aboriginal legends from the Dreamtime on a Kuku Yalanji Dreamtime Walk at Mossman Gorge and spot crocodiles on the Daintree River on this full-day tour into the Daintree Rainforest.
Our guide to Daintree Walkabout from Port Douglas
After arriving at Mossman Gorge, you will be treated to a guided rainforest walk along private, easy graded tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over cool rainforest streams. Your experienced interpretive Indigenous guides demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush tucker sources, share their dreamtime legends, explain the history of cave paintings and provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationships within this unique tropical environment. After your 90 minute walk, enjoy tea, damper and question time with guide.
A delicious lunch is enjoyed at the Daintree Tea House and then enjoy a one-hour cruise on the Daintree River. Listen as your experienced river guide points out the river's varied wildlife, including the estuarine crocodiles and water birds living in the mangroves. Hear how the Daintree Rainforest is the oldest intact rainforest habitat on the planet, with more species of flora and fauna than any other rainforest in the world.
The day concludes with a short tour of the historical town of Port Douglas.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
Around 9 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Daintree Walkabout from Port Douglas
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Dress according to the weather for the day of your tour. Don't forget your swimming costume and towel for the beach.
- Tour not recommended for children under the age of 4 years old.
- Fuel levy is not included and may be payable on day of travel.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 28 passengers.