The Glacier Lagoon Tour by SuperJeep
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Spend a magnificent day devoted to the wonders of Iceland‘s south shore, including the awe-inspiring glacial lagoon, Jokulsarlon and Skaftafell National Park. In groups of no more than eight (including your driver), you'll be travelling in a luxury SUV enabling you to see and do more than on other tours.
Our guide to The Glacier Lagoon Tour by SuperJeep
Travel by luxury 4WD on this SuperJeep excursion that begins by exploring the picturesque southern coastline passing the villages of Selfoss, Vik and Kirkjubaejarklaustur as well as visiting the mighty waterfall Skogafoss.
Continue through the vast desert of Skeidararsandur - many of Iceland's biggest glacial rivers run into the Atlantic Ocean off the south shore and each year they carry millions of tons of black volcanic sand, constantly altering the shape of the coastline and creating vast black deserts.
Just before reaching the Jokulsarlon Lagoon, you will pass Oraefajokull glacier, home to Iceland's highest peak, Hvannadalshnjukur.
Jokulsarlon is a stunning glacial lagoon that is constantly changing as the massive glacier tongue retreats. Icebergs of all shapes, sizes and in many hues of blue, turquoise and white, break off from the glacier and float around the lagoon.
You will have time to walk the shores of the lagoon to admire the surreal shapes and take time to photograph the lagoons wonderful, mirror-like reflections. For an even closer view, you can go on a cruise aboard an amphibious vessel and sail amongst the oddly-shaped ice formations.
Jokulsarlon is a natural wonder that has to be seen to be believed. This may be one of the longest day tours from Reykjavik but it is also one of the most highly recommended.
Saturdays, May to September
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Glacier Lagoon Tour by SuperJeep
- There is a minimum requirement of two passengers in order for the tour to run.
- There is no overall maximum group size as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- Note that the itinerary is subject to weather and road conditions.
- Boats on the glacier lagoon are available between 15th May - 30th September.
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location to be collected.
- Warm clothes and sturdy shoes are recommended as the terrain can be rough underfoot.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.