Bondi Surf Lesson
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Can you imagine yourself riding a wave on beautiful Bondi Beach?
Looking to start your surfing journey? There is no better place to start than Bondi Beach! This popular course teaches you how to safely get out and up onto your first wave before you’ve had time to worry about falling off. Join in with other locals on this fun and safe two-hour beginner lesson.
Our guide to Bondi Surf Lesson
Embark on your Bondi Surf Experience lesson with Let's Go Surfing, conveniently located at 128 Ramsgate Avenue, North Bondi. This popular introductory course is designed to equip you with the skills to safely catch your first wave. Rest assured, you'll receive personalized guidance in a small group setting to ensure you have ample hands-on assistance.
To enhance your understanding and confidence, your journey begins on the sandy shores, where you'll learn to identify surf conditions and practice your surfing technique before taking the plunge into the ocean. Once you're ready, venture into the waves, starting with the gentle broken waves, characterized by the foamy white aftermath of the waves' journey. You'll be pleasantly surprised by how straightforward, secure, and enjoyable it is to discover the art of surfing.
This fantastic experience concludes approximately 2 hours from the moment it commences, leaving you with newfound surfing knowledge and a thrilling adventure to remember.
All equipment and expert instruction is included in the lesson price.
Daily except 25th December, 1st January and 26th January.
Times vary - please reconfirm your class the day before to confirm the time.
Around 2 hours.
Not included. Please meet at 128 Ramsgate Ave Bondi Beach, Lets Go Surfing Office.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Bondi Surf Lesson
- Surfing in the rain or challenging weather can be a great experience. Lets Go Surfing surf lessons proceed in all weather excluding electrical storms and dangerous surf.
- Lessons will not proceed should Lets Go Surfing decide that the weather and conditions make the participation in a lesson unsafe, or for any other reason, at the absolute discretion of Lets Go Surfing.
- Should a Lesson not proceed, surfers will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the convenience of the surfer taking into account available spaces or they will be instructed to contact their booking provider.
- Please arrive at the premises 30 minutes before the commencement of the lesson with swimwear and a towel.
- Appropriate all-season wetsuits, radiators, UV rash vests and sunblock are supplied to surfers.
- Lessons will not proceed should Let's Go Surfing decide that the weather and conditions make the participation in a lesson unsafe, or for any other reason, at the absolute discretion of Let's Go Surfing.
- Please note, personal belongings including mobile phones, handbags, cameras etc are not permitted on the beach and must be stored in the safe storage area provided.
- All participants must be 12 years or older and must: Be able to swim 50 metres and have a reasonable level of fitness and strength, full-body control and hand-eye-foot coordination. Not have a blood alcohol reading of 0.05% or higher. Not have broken bones nor have undergone surgery in the last 6 months. Not have experienced a fit or seizure in the last 6 months. Not be pregnant.
- Please meet at Lets Go Surfing Office at 128 Ramsgate Ave Bondi Beach.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. No refund for bookings cancelled within 24 hours prior to travel or in the event of a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bondi Surf Lesson
- I am totally new to surfing, where do I start?
For Adults (12 years and older), this 2-hour group beginner lessons is the best place to start.
- Where is the meeting point?
The office is located at 128 Ramsgate Avenue, at the northern end of Bondi Beach. Walk along the beach to the furthest point north along the promenade and then slightly up the hill past the North Bondi RSL club. It is right next door to Speedo’s Cafe.
- What do I need to bring?
All you need to bring along is your swimwear and towel. Lets Go Surfing provides all equipment (wetsuit, surfboard, sunscreen and zinc).
- Do lessons include the rental or equipment as well?
It sure does! Bondi Surf Experience includes everything you need: wetsuit, surfboard, rash-vest and sunscreen. Just wear your swimmers and bring along a towel.
- Can I store valuables during my lesson?
All participants are encouraged to leave anything valuable or important in the hotel room or at home. Storage is provided for clothes and towel.
- What if it’s raining?
You’re going to get wet anyway! Some of the best waves come with the rain, so lessons are held rain, hail or shine. The only reason lesson will be canceled is if the conditions are dangerous.
- Do I need to be able to swim?
Most lessons are held in waist-deep water but it is recommended that you are able to swim 50 metres (the length of an Olympic swimming pool) for all group lessons.
- Are there kids in my lesson?
The minimum age for adult lessons is 12 years.
- Can I use my own board in the lesson?
If you’re a beginner, it is safer to use the excellent soft-boards provided. They are the perfect tool for starting out!
- Will I be able to stand up on my first lesson?
Everyone learns at a different pace but most people do stand up on their first lesson.
- How many people are in a group?
The instructor/student ratio is small. There is a maximum of five people in a group with an instructor in Bondi. This small ratio allows you to learn quickly as you get plenty of attention from your instructor.