Sydney Whale Watching Cruise
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Secure your spot now.....You wont want to miss this!
In one of the top whale-watching sites in the world, take the Sydney Whale Watching Cruise to witness whales in their natural environment. Relax as you sail by the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge and keep an eye out for Orcas, playful dolphins, seals and more fascinating wildlife!
Our guide to Sydney Whale Watching Cruise
Join the this tour and experience whale watching at its very best!
Sydney is the envy of Australia with a whale watching season that lasts over five months of the year. Over 20,000 Humpback whales make the 3,500km journey from sub-Antarctic waters to the Great Barrier Reef every year. Whale numbers peak off Sydney in June-July for the Northern migration to give birth, and September-October for the return southern migration. In August, whale behaviour is often more spectacular with younger males showing off with amazing breaches.
Cruise aboard a great vessel with full commentary and whale guarantee - see a whale or cruise again for free!
Sydney’s coastline is a playground for Humpbacks, their antics include breaches, tailslapping and even a close-up wink when they are feeling extra curious. You may also see Southern Rights, Orcas and Minke whales, playful dolphins, seals, fairy penguins, albatross and more.
This fantastic whale watching tour operates on a family-friendly catamaran, with indoor and outdoor seating over multi-levels. Passenger numbers are strictly limited to ensure everyone has great views of all the action while the onboard Marine Naturalist provides expert commentary and insights into the whale behaviour. The tour has over 95% whale sighting success rate, but in the unlikely event you don’t spot whales, your whale guarantee ensures you can cruise again for free.
May - November
10.00am or 1.15pm
Around 2.5 hours
No 6 Jetty Circular Quay
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Whale Watching Cruise
- Captain Cook Cruises reserves the right to change the timetable, vessels and increase fares without prior notice.
- Cruises are subject to cancellation due to weather and other operational requirements.
- If a whale is not sighted during the cruise, a free cruise on a standby basis will be offered during the same season (confirmed 24 hours prior subject to availability).
- This is an open-water cruise and you will experience sea motion. It is recommended that you eat lightly before and during the cruise. Travel sickness tablets are generally most effective if taken prior to the cruise.
- Soft drinks and snacks are available for purchase on board.
- Please dress according to the weather - it will often feel colder at sea.
- Passengers must arrive at least 15-30 minutes prior to departure to collect tickets from the ticket box.
- Whale Watching vessels are wheelchair accessible.
- All children must be escorted by adults. Children are welcome to cruise, however please keep in mind that you are on a vessel for up to 3 hours and sometimes children do get restless. Infants under 4 years are free of charge but not recommended on open-water cruises,
- There are strict guidelines on how close vessels of all kinds, from kayaks to cruise boats, can approach whales. It also depends if there are calves in the pod and the number of vessels in the area. As a guideline, the approach distance can range from 100m to 300m. This however does not stop whales from taking matters into their own hands for a closer look at us! At all times, Captain Cook Cruises operates with the safety and enjoyment of both our passengers and the whales.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. No refund for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.