Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Go behind-the-scenes at Sydney Taronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo is one of Sydney’s top attractions and is loved by locals and tourists alike. Located on the magnificent harbour, just 12 minutes by ferry from downtown Sydney and boasting views of iconic landmarks this is truly a zoo with a view!
Our guide to Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
Taronga's Wild Australia Experience is an exclusive behind the scenes tour. This 2-hour experience, led by Zoo Keepers who care for the Australian animals, will give you an intimate and detailed knowledge of all the iconic Aussie animals you will meet.
Designed to encourage interaction between visitors, Australian animals and Zoo Keepers, this tour will give you an in-depth behind the scenes and look at the unique Australian fauna and how they are cared for at Taronga Zoo.
What's more, you will have excellent photo opportunities with animals such as koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and more.
Admission to Taronga Zoo is included so you are free to spend the day exploring the many exhibits and shows before and after your tour. Join the regularly scheduled keeper talks to learn more about Taronga Zoo's wide variety of animals.
Daily, year round.
Taronga Zoo opens from 9.30am. Tour starts at 10.15am and 1.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
- Taronga Zoo is open daily, including Christmas.
- You must make your own way to/from the zoo.
- The Zoo is predominantly outdoors and operates in all weather. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Maximum group size is eight people.
- Facilities at Taronga Zoo include: Free Wi-fi Cafe; / Eateries; ATM; First Aid; Lockers; Parents Room; Picnic areas; Stroller hire; Water Bubblers throughout the Zoo.
- Taronga Zoo is on a site of 28 hectares and the topography is quite steep in areas. Although all paths are bitumen and lateral paths relatively level, some connecting paths linking various levels are steep. Elevators and ramps are located around the site, allowing those with limited mobility to traverse the entire Zoo.
- More than 95 per cent of Taronga’s animal displays are wheelchair viewable. All food outlets, shops, shows and presentations are wheelchair accessible. All new developments since 2001 have been fitted with elevators.
- Taronga provides sturdy, all-terrain manual wheelchairs at no cost to those who require mobility assistance (ID required) and a disclaimer form must be completed. These wheelchairs must be pushed by a carer/companion and seat belts are required to be worn. Advanced booking is recommended.
- Taronga Zoo adheres to strict quarantine regulations and unfortunately cannot admit guide dogs, hearing assistance dogs and other assistance animals.